Regency Eagles...cheaters?

fingers
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars

Re: Regency Eagles...cheaters?

Post by fingers »

Unley played at Regency at their place on the weekend. Very long pitch as others have mentioned which certainly suited their pace.

No standout players for Regency but plenty of very good players with excellent ball control. They are very much a confidence side and on their day can beat anyone. Unley scored in the first few minutes and Regency were on the back foot from then on.

Regency hit the post and the crossbar in quick succession and no doubt had one or both of those chances gone in they would have had their tails up and would have been hard to stop.

As it happened, luck didn't go their way and Unley were able to get on top.

On another note, the referee we had was outstanding...Donald Lomongun - best ref i've seen in the CSL for a number of years.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I like Donald. He is a good referee. His from Africa. Not sure of his background but he might be Sudanese. I will ask him next time I see him. One of the best referees going around is Mapunda. Also African back ground. Spoke to him a few weeks back. He was only doing one game on the Saturday. He said he rather do gardening then referee. Very good referee though. One thing that I pick up from the good referees is that they know how to speak to players. Players don't agree with their calls but they explain their decision well and the game moves on.
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Post by hanners »

So what I cant understand is that Regency had an average season last year but smashed through at the end with 25 goals in 5 games (beating Rostrevor 4-0) along the way. I guess they had fed players going by what has happened this year.. ? (just an observation).

I wonder if they are just a weird team that scam their way through seasons like they did in the SAASL as Burundi until the pressure was too hard and then they joined the CSL as another name..

Now the CSL are watching them, so where next... Hopefully, they will re-group as a standard team next year in Div 2 and the squad of players will play every week with a good honest set of players who will just enjoy the game, win - lose or draw. I hope so....

This league is good. We have players/teams who play the game and not rely on off the ball stuff to win... football does the talking... And no team wants to lose, but we all do.
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

Not sure about you guys but I personally find the title of this thread offensive every time i log on to this forum. Regardless of whether their accusations of cheating are true or not, I think we can come up with a less distasteful title. They have been punished, lets move on with it.