Increased Ref payments

INTERISTA

Increased Ref payments

Post by INTERISTA »

Great idea to up the ref payments for this season.
From memory every game this year involving ROCSC (Div. 4 to Div. 1) has had an official turn up which is a lot better than where we were this time last season.
Just wondering if any other club have had similar / different experiences
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Re: Increased Ref payments

Post by MickyP21 »

Apart from preseason where two refs didn't rock up we have had every ref rock up and the quality has been great.
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Post by MickyP21 »

We finally had Damir Dokic today.... Absolutely farcical in both games.... Bs had a player get two yellows in the first 30minutes for what can only be described as very soft fouls at the most.... Crap penalty given in As ....didn't leave the centre circle because he's too fat... and gives a 30min lecture to the linesman even though he ignored most of the calls....
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Crap day at the office as far as refs are concerned... 5 games+ with no ref and some stupid allocations with one travelling from Blackwood to the City with a 15 min gap between games!

Saw the first half of the Pulteney v Rostrevor A's game and have to agree about the ref.... we were laughing on the sides about his centre circel waltz until he gave a penalty that he couldn't see and didnt lok anything like a penalty. SO.... the original expectation that ref qulaity and avaialbility would be betr at $90 a game... the jury is still out as we seem to have exactly the same refs as last year (avergae at best) AND the holes in the allocation sheet is as bad as at anytime last year.
Maybe a bad day at FFSA HQ... hope so as the extra $15 a game (20% increase) removes the last excuse, in theory!
Messi#10
Current Club: Sacred Heart

Post by Messi#10 »

I agree that the majority of the ref's we've had this year have been poor to average at best but the young fella we had for our games at Sacred Heart against Mt Barker on the weekend was brilliant, unfortunately I didn't get his name.

As I said he was only young but in my opinion he was the best ref we've had all season. Games we're played in the right spirit but he only really had to got involved in the A's game when he awarded a penalty to us & gave their keeper a yellow. Definite penalty & I can understand why he didn't give him a straight red so a brilliant display.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:Crap day at the office as far as refs are concerned... 5 games+ with no ref and some stupid allocations with one travelling from Blackwood to the City with a 15 min gap between games!

Saw the first half of the Pulteney v Rostrevor A's game and have to agree about the ref.... we were laughing on the sides about his centre circel waltz until he gave a penalty that he couldn't see and didnt lok anything like a penalty. SO.... the original expectation that ref qulaity and avaialbility would be betr at $90 a game... the jury is still out as we seem to have exactly the same refs as last year (avergae at best) AND the holes in the allocation sheet is as bad as at anytime last year.
Maybe a bad day at FFSA HQ... hope so as the extra $15 a game (20% increase) removes the last excuse, in theory!
I think you were meant to write Pulteney v Norwood A's
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Messi#10 wrote:I agree that the majority of the ref's we've had this year have been poor to average at best but the young fella we had for our games at Sacred Heart against Mt Barker on the weekend was brilliant, unfortunately I didn't get his name.

As I said he was only young but in my opinion he was the best ref we've had all season. Games we're played in the right spirit but he only really had to got involved in the A's game when he awarded a penalty to us & gave their keeper a yellow. Definite penalty & I can understand why he didn't give him a straight red so a brilliant display.
Looking at the allocations that were sent to the clubs. The referee you had was David Lomugun.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:Crap day at the office as far as refs are concerned... 5 games+ with no ref and some stupid allocations with one travelling from Blackwood to the City with a 15 min gap between games!

5 Games with no ref. 1 of those games got covered as Rostrevor v CBC in Div 4 didnt go ahead due to forfeit from CBC. That referee was redirected to one of those games. That left 4 game with no appointments.

A referee also did not turn up to North City v Westminster and they did have an allocation.

Its pretty simple. Clubs need to get people to become referees.

Take Unley for example.

One of their A players is a FFSA referee. He did the 11am game in the morning as a referee. Played in the 3pm game and even scored a goal.

Play of the week by Gary Powers.
mik1
Current Club: mt barker

Post by mik1 »

You need to give credit to those guys who ref games when no official ref shows up.

At Sacred Heart a few weeks back a guy training to be a ref took the div 3 against Barker game and was fantastic