Not Uploading Results [subject edited by moderator]

crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Not Uploading Results [subject edited by moderator]

Post by crusader_ »

Can clubs please be fined $100 for failure to put a result on the CSL website by Saturday evening? What is the excuse for not doing it?

This is just one example but Immanuel have all their results on their Facebook page shortly after their games finish. Yet they are apparently incapable of uploading the results to the CSL website. That's pathetic.
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Re: Not Uploading Results [subject edited by moderator]

Post by MickyP21 »

Bit over the top with that opinion as I don't get why it's so important to have it up so quickly, but clubs should strive to be better at that.
chelsea

Re: Pathetic clubs

Post by chelsea »

Bit over the top Crusader. Did you post this after losing on the weekend to Mercedes? Many people may think that Mt Barker is pathetic with certain things. No need to name Immanuel as I think they are one of the better clubs going around. They also havnt done anything wrong in not updating those results by 6pm on the website.

However, I do agree with what you are trying to say. I actually discussed this with the league only a few weeks ago.

This is what I beleive should happen.

All home teams to update results by 6pm. No more texting Mozzie with the results.

No result updated by home team = fine

CSL can check results after 6pm and email Sunday mail.

Therefore the tables should be ready to read by 630pm that night so all can see where they stand.

This will be discussed at the Mid year meeting I was told.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Good idea Mr Chelsea and I agree.

It would be good to see all the tables up-to-date by Saturday night, as it only takes a few seconds to add a result. But if there's no rule to say clubs must do that then you can't punish them for not doing so.
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

One thing we don't need to do is to have another fine in the system.. You could go bankrupt with the number of fines you could potentially be given. You'd think clubs would have the common sense to get them up, eventually.. well at least within a few days.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Chelsea has the right idea. If something like he says is put in place at an upcoming meeting then great. I didn't realise a rule was not already in place.

Fines are not good, I agree Brendan. But they can easily be avoided by doing the right thing.

I just think that it is common decency to put results on the CSL website on the same day as your game - win, lose or draw. If clubs update their own website or Facebook page but aren't bothered about updating the CSl website then to me that shows a lack of respect for the rest of the competition. I bet their players check the other results on there from their division.

Sorry for mentioning only Immanuel. Just one example and there are some other clubs that are very slow to add results, especially if they drop points.
fingers
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars

Post by fingers »

Results are one thing, I have a bigger concern over the lack of teams being uploaded....

Considering it seems the CSL is relying on clubs to manage players who are suspended, it is unacceptable that clubs are not uploading teams to the website. The website is excellent and has the potential to be an excellent tool for the league, and indeed a further point of difference in why the CSL is better than the SAASL. However this requires clubs to do their part.

For example, Grads Red have not loaded a 1A side onto the website since Round 6 (May 31, almost 2 months ago). No doubt at least one player has received a yellow card in that period and may have even accrued 5 yellows and is therefore suspended.

Not singling out Grads Red at all, just using them as an example...plenty of other clubs are slack as well.

Suggest at the mid season meeting a rule be put into place enforcing clubs to upload teams including goals/bookings/subs. Not only will this create better and more complete statistics, it will allow for better overall management of the league. And considering it seems clubs are happy to ignore previous requests from the league to conform, suggest clubs must have teams up by the Friday following a game, otherwise they forfeit the following week. Heavy handed i know, but guarantee clubs will fall into line pretty quickly.

Will certainly be raising this next week but keen to hear thoughts prior...
Ross30

Post by Ross30 »

I agree that uploading teams onto the CSL website is a worthwhile initiative that, if done properly, would reflect well on the competition and help immensely with its administration. I also agree that, sadly, unless some heavy handed penalties are imposed then some clubs will make little or no effort to comply. Such clubs should already have been fined for every instance of non-compliance and I hope that the fines are enforced.

Many years ago I was the person who was responsible for receiving all the match sheets, tallying up the red and yellow cards, top goal scorers, etc for all divisions and then publishing the information on a regular basis via email to all clubs, including a weekly list of suspended players and those who were approaching 5 yellow cards. Other members of the CSL Executive Committee took on that role in more recent years. Plenty of clubs would hassle us about the importance of receiving up-to-date records or bemoan the fact that goal tallies were only done two or 3 times a season (or were inaccurate because of refree errors or missing match sheets). Now clubs have it within their own power to make sure their records are accurate and up-to-date (and have been directed to do that) but the situation is as bad as ever. It doesn't reflect well upon certain clubs at all. Are there no people at your club that care that your club looks like it's a shambles?

Plenty to discuss at Monday's meeting.
Ross30

Post by Ross30 »

Clubs should already be aware of this following the meeting for club delegates on Monday night but I note that:

"From Saturday 2 August 2014 clubs shall receive one warning in the event they fail to upload one or more or their teams to the CSL website by 11:59pm each Tuesday and thereafter, save for exceptional circumstances, there will be a one point deduction applied for any and all of their teams which fail to upload their teams by that deadline in any subsequent weeks (i.e if a club has 5 teams and teams are uploaded by the deadline for 3 of those teams, the 2 teams which have not uploaded their team line-up will each receive a one point penalty but no penalty shall apply to the other 3 teams from that club)."

In other words, clubs need to start uploading their team lineups or else a 1 point penalty will apply for each instance.

An official email should also be sent to clubs along the above lines later this week.