how come that ref is back?

crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

how come that ref is back?

Post by crusader »

Just a quick question i saw a ref at the weekend who i thought was kicked out or banned last season and was wondering why hes been let back in.If someone could please explain Thankyou
chelsea

Re: how come that ref is back?

Post by chelsea »

So we are talking about Mr PP. He was never kicked out or banned. After all the issues the best that the CSL could do is try to have him doing the lower grades. This has worked so far but as the referee numbers lower this referee only moves up and not down. At the same time the lower divisions also deserve to have a good referee sometimes. This works both ways as the referee himself has an easier week which might be refreshing.

Also he might have got better in the last 12 months. I hope he has. I could write a few chapters about this guy and so could many others. Some of he stuff is actually funny. I have a few classic moments.

Right up there is the following:

Try to keep it brief.

Maybe 2 years ago. Rostrevor vs Sacred Heart. Played on Anzac Day which was a Thursday.

Just before kickoff in the As game we had the following two referees arguing on who will referee the game?
Mr PP or Mr Dokic. Kickoff was delayed. As officials from both teams tried to settle the situation between the referees a choice had to be made as no allocations were sent out from the CSL. I chose Mr PP only for the reason that he moves more on the pitch but at the same time I knew I didn't know what was going to happen in the game.

They can cause trouble but they can also give you laugh after the event. You don't remember the good referees. You remember the excellent or the characters.
buzzy

Re: how come that ref is back?

Post by buzzy »

I was at the above game as a spectator - I remember as we arrived 15 minutes late and wondered why the game hadn't kicked off yet! Dokic still managed to put his mark on the contest by getting the ref to send one of the coaches "to the stands" (e.g. up the hill and over the other side of the wire fence) for a few of his unkind words.

PP refereed Mercedes v Mt Barker at the weekend and personally I thought he did an OK job, especially in the A-grade when he could have been forgiven for being rattled after the way the B's ended with three send offs. I got upset at one stage when he didn't pay the advantage when we were moving forward and to his credit when play stopped he apologised and said it had been a mistake - that's all you can ask for. I think players often underestimate the impact they have on the ref - our match was hard but fair with no unnecessary niggle making the job of the referee much easier.