CSL Annual

INTERISTA

CSL Annual

Post by INTERISTA »

I think it would be a great idea if the league implemented an annual like in the SAASL.
Wouldn't have to be anything fancy (paper back - could even be black and white), just team photos, Division tables, CSL award winners etc.
Granted we have the website, but I think it would be a great way to preserve our league history as well as provide us with something to look back on...
Realistically I don't think it would be too much work as we have the data already, just would require the club's to organise the team photos and a blurb from the future CSL boss...Just a thought - perhaps something to look at for next season.
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Re: CSL Annual

Post by boots »

After seeing 44 views and no reply, I thought I could say something so INTER doesn't feel too bad. ;)

An annual wouldn't be a bad idea, it would to some extent demonstrate or add to another level of 'professionalism' to the CSL as a whole. However I would say that this would require time and energy which most people would struggle to contribute.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Hahah cheers mate
Yeah it would require a bit of effort but the majority would be pics, tables etc.
Just keep it simple.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Are you anticipating a season to remember for Rostrevor, Interista? 15 points still to play for, haha.

Just being cheeky. I think it is a good concept but I agree with the other comment that it's probably just one more thing to do and may get a mixed response from clubs.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Haha the timing is purely coincidental . . & I said for next season :)
I just came accross a SAASL Year Book recently & thought it would be great for the CSL.
I'm currently working on getting historical data (past presidents, coachs, B&F winners etc) for my club and were missing big chunks simply becuase it was never recorded.
I think it would be great to have records of previous seasons.
Wouldnt take that much time to take a team photo with an iphone and email it in.
But then again if no one wants no point having it.
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

INTERISTA wrote: I'm currently working on getting historical data (past presidents, coachs, B&F winners etc) for my club and were missing big chunks simply becuase it was never recorded.
I think it would be great to have records of previous seasons.
I think what you've said here is really the crux of it isn't it? It's not to be showy or just for the sake of doing it. History is important and documenting (whether in print or online format) it is the only tangible way to not let it pass unforgotten. I'm sure some of you would like something to show your kids in the future. Especially if you've won titles, cups or individual awards.

Considering the time and effort already spent by the CSL and respective board members from each club, it would be a real shame to not have anything to show for in the years to come.