1A Championship - The run home - 6 teams

chelsea

1A Championship - The run home - 6 teams

Post by chelsea »

With 4 rounds to play the title race is wide opened after the weekend results. Unley managed to knock off Rostrevor to reduce their gap to 3pts along with Pembroke. All 5 teams behind Rostrevor won and now we will have an interesting few weeks.

In the past some people have discussed having finals in the CSL but the way the 1A table stands that is exactly what is happening in these last few rounds. Teams must give it their all and cant afford a slip up.

We now have 6 teams still in the running. A couple more then I would have thought. Full credit to Mercedes, these guys got off to a bad start but have been on a good run and are still in the mix and could finish high up the ladder after the final round.

Ladder as it stands after 14 rounds.

1. Rostrevor - 29pts
2. Pembroke - 26pts
3. Unley - 26pts
4. Uni White - 24pts
5. Mercedes - 23pts
6. Grads Red - 23pts

I will look at the results of the reverse fixtures and base the final table on clubs collecting the same points again. Also a ladder with my tips based on points collected.

6. Grads Red - Last 4 games - Regency / Pembroke / Mercedes / Rostrevor
Points from reverse fixtures - 7 points
My Tip - 6 points

5. Mercedes - Last 4 games - Pembroke / Sacred Heart / Grads Red / Mt Barker
Points from reverse fixtures - 4 points
My Tip - 7 points

4. Uni White - Last 4 games - Rostrevor / Regency / Unley / Pembroke
Points from reverse fixtures - 3 points
My Tip - 6 points

3. Unley - Last 4 games - Sacred Heart / Immanuel / Uni White / Regency
Points from reverse fixtures - 9 points
My Tip - 9 points

2. Pembroke - Last 4 games - Mercedes / Grads Red / Rostrevor / Uni White
Points from reverse fixtures - 6 points
My Tip - 6 points

1. Rostrevor - Last 4 games - Uni White / Mt Barker / Pembroke / Grads Red
Points from reverse fixtures - 4 points
My Tip - 7 points

Table after Reverse pts fixtures added after 18 rounds.

1. Unley - 36 pts
2. Rostrevor - 33 pts
3. Pembroke - 33 pts
4. Mercedes - 30 pts
5. Grads Red - 30 pts
6. Uni White - 27 pts

Table after My tips added after 18 rounds.

1. Rostrevor - 36 pts
2. Unley - 35 pts
3. Pembroke 33 pts
4. Uni White 30 pts
5. Mercedes 30 pts
6. Grads Red 29 pts

All eyes on Uni White v Rostrevor this week.

Every week is a finals game. Teams must hold their nerve.

Another exciting weekend, a few coaches will lose a bit of sleep this week and pull out a bit of hair along the way.

Look forward to Round 15 results.
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Re: 1A Championship - The run home - 6 teams

Post by hanners »

Wow, I bet Rostrevor were gutted only drawing after the whistle, thinking that Unley and Pembroke gained.....

What a crazy day and now I think that Rostrevor will win as predicted at the start of the season, but its anyones to finish runner-up in this division. I would guess it would be Pembroke still.

Barker winning yesterday has cemented their stay in the division and will be stronger next year no doubt. Cup Final again for them, which is a great achievement..

Its been a solid season this year with most teams beating eachother along the way.. next year could be even stronger with Norwood, Grads & Pulteney looking at a scrap to the death for the promotion spots...

Good Luck Everyone!!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

hanners wrote:Wow, I bet Rostrevor were gutted only drawing after the whistle, thinking that Unley and Pembroke gained.....

What a crazy day and now I think that Rostrevor will win as predicted at the start of the season, but its anyones to finish runner-up in this division. I would guess it would be Pembroke still.

Barker winning yesterday has cemented their stay in the division and will be stronger next year no doubt. Cup Final again for them, which is a great achievement..

Its been a solid season this year with most teams beating eachother along the way.. next year could be even stronger with Norwood, Grads & Pulteney looking at a scrap to the death for the promotion spots...

Good Luck Everyone!!
Spot in with your 1st line but Rostrevor havnt won anything yet and still have 3 tough games to play.

Credit to Grads Red and Mercedes to where they are on the table now. From the start they got I never would of thought I would see them both above Unley and Uni White who were my title favourites.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Wow..... I'm gonna have to reverse my early call with another early call.....
Rostrevor are in the pole position BUT Unley will look to take 6 points from the last 2 games and Rostrevor are starting to falter......
A home draw against Mt Barker ain't CHampionship form and with Pembroke and Grads Red both away from hometo come..... I think they have blown it.
It will go the last game now and will be a nail biter!
Next weeks game to watch will be Uni White v Unley and if Unley get up........thats all folks ;)
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

Every team in the hunt in both A's and B's will drop points, no one will win all their remaining games. The team that drops the least will win the title.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Unley have an almost guaranteed 3 points for their game on the last day at home versus Regency. None of the other contenders have a guarantee of any points. I agree with Squeezy that the Uni White v Unley game this week is pivotal.

Interestingly, the games in division 1A this week are as follows:

1st v 4th
2nd v 3rd
5th v 6th
7th v 8th
9th v 10th

Unley for the league and Mt Barker for the cup. They are my predictions.

And please promote Windsor if and when they win 2A. North City or Scotch could play as their B team next year.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

The way it stands Unley could do the double or even come away with nothing.

The top 4 teams are playing against each other this week. Its basacilly like the AFL finals.

The championship it could decided this weekend.

Table as it stands:

Rostrevor 31pts
Unley 29pts
Uni White 28 pts
Pembroke 27pts

Rostrevor (1st) v Pembroke (4th)

Pembroke have to win this game to have any chance of a championship. Any other result and the season is finished for them.

Rostrevor will come up against a very tough opposition that is playing for their season. Last time they met it was 1-1. From all accounts Rostrevor should have won the game.

The last time Rostrevor won the championship was in 2006. They secured the championship in round 17 with a 1-0 win over Pembroke at Pembroke.

8 years later and it could happen again in exact same circumstances but this time need to win and rely on a result.

Uni White (3rd) v Unley (2nd)

Most likley the match of the round. Both need a win to keep their season alive. A draw will only be good if Pembroke beat Rostrevor.

So hard to predict the winner of these 2 games.

I will stick to the fairytale ending. Rostrevor to win / other game draw - Rostrevor secures the championship in the same way they did 8 years ago.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

ooooooooooooohh.....

Rostrevor need a point but are away to Grads Red
Unley must win at home to Regency...

Grads Red are good enough to take the points if they are in the mood so that will be a great game to watch

Unley - will they protect their squad for the Cup Final or go for it??
Regency - Will they turn up with Elvis? Will they play the way they can and give Unley a run for their money or will it be another abandoned game .

Could go to the wire and hope Unley keep the pressure on and may the best team win another exciting title race :)
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

Congratulation to Rostrevor and to all the other teams that kept it really close until the last couple rounds. What a season!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

chelsea wrote:
Table after My tips added after 18 rounds.

1. Rostrevor - 36 pts
2. Unley - 35 pts
3. Pembroke 33 pts
4. Uni White 30 pts
5. Mercedes 30 pts
6. Grads Red 29 pts
I wasnt too far off as the final table reads:
1. Rostrevor - 37 pts
2. Unley - 35pts
3. Uni White - 31 pts
4. SHOC - 29pts - Great finish by these guys as they were not in top 6 four Rds ago.
5. Mercedes - 29 pts
6. Pembroke - 27 pts