2A Championship

cbfliverpool
Current Club: Grads Blue

2A Championship

Post by cbfliverpool »

Chelsea, i saw what you have done for the div 1 championship, with results and the last 4 games of the season, so i have decided to do one for the div 2 Championship

Table as is now, after round 14

Windsor Gardens, 34 played 13
Grads Blue , 32 played 14
Norwood , 30 played 14
Pulteney , 28 played 13
Uni SA , 18 played 12
Westminster , 16 played 14
CBC , 13 played 14
Scotch , 11 played 14
Thebarton , 10 played 14
North City , 2 played 14

Looks like it will be a four horse race, so i will put in my tips and the previous results points, but Uni SA can really make big dents in peoples title challenges, because they play 3 out of the top 4 in the weeks to come, so i will put them in to.
Catch up games in brackets
Last 4 games

Windsor: (Uni SA), Westminster, Norwood, Scotch, Grads Blue
previous results points: 13pts
my tip : 10pts

Grads Blue: Uni SA, Scotch, CBC, Windsor Gardens
previous results points: 10pts
my tip : 12pts

Norwood: Thebarton, Windsor, Pulteney, CBC
previous results points: 6pts

Pulteney: (Uni SA), North City, CBC, Norwood, Thebarton
previous results points: 12pts

Uni SA: (windsor), (pultney), Grads Blue, Westminster, Thebarton, North City
Previous results points: 8pts

Ladder based on the previous results points
Windsor, 47pts
Grads Blue, 42pts
Pulteney, 40pts
Norwood, 36pts
Uni SA, 26pts

Ladder based on my tips
Grads Blue, 45pts
Windsor, 44pts
Norwood, 40pts
Pulteney, 38pts
Uni SA, 28pts

If all results go to what i think, then the last game of the season could be the title decider, Grads vs Windsor
Looks like div 2 is really close and will come down to the wire, going to be a really interesting next few rounds. lets see how it all unfolds.
chelsea

Re: 2A Championship

Post by chelsea »

Good work cbfliverpool.

Windsor played UniSA last night.

result - 0-0

Updated table now reads:

Windsor Gardens, 35 played 14
Norwood , 30 played 14
Pulteney , 28 played 13
Uni SA , 19 played 13
CBC , 13 played 14
Scotch , 11 played 14
Thebarton , 10 played 14
North City , 2 played 14

I hope to do one for the 1B league as well as things there are very tight.
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Post by hanners »

cbfliverpool wrote:Chelsea, i saw what you have done for the div 1 championship, with results and the last 4 games of the season, so i have decided to do one for the div 2 Championship

Windsor Gardens, 34 played 13
Norwood , 30 played 14
Pulteney , 28 played 13
Uni SA , 18 played 12
CBC , 13 played 14
Scotch , 11 played 14
Thebarton , 10 played 14
North City , 2 played 14

Looks like it will be a four horse race, so i will put in my tips and the previous results points, but Uni SA can really make big dents in peoples title challenges, because they play 3 out of the top 4 in the weeks to come, so i will put them in to.
Catch up games in brackets
Last 4 games

Windsor: (Uni SA), Westminster, Norwood, Scotch, Grads Blue
previous results points: 13pts

Grads Blue: Uni SA, Scotch, CBC, Windsor Gardens
previous results points: 10pts
my tip : 12pts

Norwood: Thebarton, Windsor, Pulteney, CBC
previous results points: 6pts

Pulteney: (Uni SA), North City, CBC, Norwood, Thebarton
previous results points: 12pts

Uni SA: (windsor), (pultney), Grads Blue, Westminster, Thebarton, North City
Previous results points: 8pts

Ladder based on the previous results points
Windsor, 47pts
Grads Blue, 42pts
Pulteney, 40pts
Norwood, 36pts
Uni SA, 26pts

Ladder based on my tips
Grads Blue, 45pts
Windsor, 44pts
Norwood, 40pts
Pulteney, 38pts
Uni SA, 28pts

If all results go to what i think, then the last game of the season could be the title decider, Grads vs Windsor
Looks like div 2 is really close and will come down to the wire, going to be a really interesting next few rounds. lets see how it all unfolds.

I guess Grads Blue shot themselves in the foot. Windsor's Title. Norwood, GB & Crabs to fight for 2 promotion places. Will be a great finish.
TSCFC Coaches
Current Club: Thebarton Senior College FC

Post by TSCFC Coaches »

Frustrating to look at the table and see Thebarton close to the bottom. In every game we have been in with a chance and have been up at half time in 5 games. Played Norwood in a very physical game and if the game was an extra 5 minutes we could have come away with the 3 points. Looking forward to next year as there isn't a team in the league that we feel we aren't a chance to beat. Been a great first year.

Thebarton are a big chance of defeating Pulteney in the last game as well as a big chance of defeating Uni SA who were very lucky to win the last time we played.
hanners

Post by hanners »

Great result for Pulteney away to Norwood. Not sure what happened there as Norwood have been solid all year and scored plenty... No goals at home today...?

CBC beating Grads Blue??

So, it seems that Windsor have won Div 2 (Wont go up...) and Pulteney will finish 2nd (should). So, my question to Grads Blue and Norwood is.. Do you want to play in Div 1 next year or will it just be Pulteney that goes up and the others will say no and stay in Div 2???

Will it be 1 up and 1 down ( Regency Saved) or are we going to get Pulteney, Grads or Norwood in the top flight?

Ta
cbfliverpool
Current Club: Grads Blue

Post by cbfliverpool »

When your playing in div 2, your goal is always to get promotion, I think that if we have the opportunity to go up into the premier division, you take it.
It would be a dream come true to play in Div 1 for the first time ever, in our short history, and the experience, that would be gained by playing in div 1 would be great.
CBC were to good for us today, a lack of concentration a couple of times and that's all it takes, big game this week for us against the winners of the league (windsor).
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Congrats to Windsor Gardens on yet another fine season. It was a very competitive year, Windows beaten by Pulteney 4-2 at home was interesting but the game that could have changed the year was Grads Blue leading 3-0 at half time only to draw 4-4 in the 92nd minute. That would have to be one of the most entertaining games of the year. Definitely the most competitive season I've been involved in 2A. Good luck for Grads Blue/ Pulteney on battling for the that promotion spot.
hanners

Post by hanners »

Dont mean to be harsh, but its not really congrats to Windsor Gardens as they have won 35 games in Div 2 over the last 3 years. Only last year was a 3rd spot and wouldnt have gone up anyway, but Div 2 is a great league and teams who play want to finish top 2 and get promoted. How can you finish top and stay in the same league and finish top year on year (apart from Div 1). I would like to win div 2 and go up as champions... or runners up.. Great feeling I guess.

I like the way Windsor play and the old boys have some great skill for the game. Div 1 would entertain that and I reckon they would do very well in there.. If Thebarton can get 2 teams together quickly, I'm sure Windsor could find a B team and join the Div 1 club.

Sorry, but good teams should always play where they belong.
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

hanners wrote:Sorry, but good teams should always play where they belong.
I agree but also, this is a league where many are playing in because they can't train and/or commit too much time. Just look at Div 3 and Div 4 with Rostrevor and Grads Red stacking their teams with players who could still put in more than a decent shift in Div 1, but (I'm assuming) that commitment or life in general just gets in the way and some people just wanna have fun on a Saturday. Can't fault them for that.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

boots wrote:
hanners wrote:Sorry, but good teams should always play where they belong.
I agree but also, this is a league where many are playing in because they can't train and/or commit too much time. Just look at Div 3 and Div 4 with Rostrevor and Grads Red stacking their teams with players who could still put in more than a decent shift in Div 1, but (I'm assuming) that commitment or life in general just gets in the way and some people just wanna have fun on a Saturday. Can't fault them for that.
Rostrevor stacking their teams. The Div 3 team is coming 3rd. The Div 4 team is coming 8th.

Hate to see what would of happened if they didnt stack their teams.