2A Championship

Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Re: 2A Championship

Post by Ross30 »

Boots must have meant to write "Mercedes", not "Rostrevor".

Even then, as strong as Mercedes' division 3 team is, their B's are in contention for the title going into the last day and their A's have improved their form significantly to now be 3rd in the table during a time of transition. It is hard to argue with that.
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

Yes I did. Thanks Ross. Mind was too focused on Rossies impending championships!
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Post by hanners »

boots wrote:
hanners wrote:Sorry, but good teams should always play where they belong.
I agree but also, this is a league where many are playing in because they can't train and/or commit too much time. Just look at Div 3 and Div 4 with Rostrevor and Grads Red stacking their teams with players who could still put in more than a decent shift in Div 1, but (I'm assuming) that commitment or life in general just gets in the way and some people just wanna have fun on a Saturday. Can't fault them for that.

If you have class and know how for football, then fitness only plays 50% of the overall game. If you have 100% fitness and no skill, then you are the fitest team but at the bottom of the league... Windsor have 70% class and 1 or 2 touch football and 30% from an average amount of fitness. This combination gets them through in Div 2 and no doubt Div 1. State League NO.

Just would love to see that group perform in Div 1 and then we can all see where they actually fit... I reckon they would be 6th or 7th each year, but then would the players not like that and prefer to get an ego boost each week in Div 2?????
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

It would be interesting...Windsor beat Rostrevor A's in the pre season cup who were full strength. I would think they'd be around the top of the table but I guess we'll never know
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Windsor can compete with the 1A sides. But if they did play in the 1A league they wouldnt be able to do it for the whole season. These guys are 35+, so their legs just wont be able to do it for 18 games + they would need more players if injuries started.

The cup competition suits these guys the best.

Anyway, are Windsor still coming playing in 2015?

The latest rumour that I heard was that Windsor were shutting up shop and joing St Pauls Old Scholars.

I had a laugh when I heard this as my understanding is that Windsor is happy where they are.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Th old boys with failing legs argument has been around for the last 5 years.... trickery and deception as they have some younger guys who are just as good....
Personally don't care either way but what is the official CSL position on WG and Scotch this season?

Would be a shame if WG disappeared although maybe if St Pauls merged with them they could be promoted as a 2 club team ;)
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Well the agreement was WGOS and Scotch can’t go up so nothing changes really.
I think just keep it the way it is. The quality in Div 2 will only get better like Div 1. New teams will come like St Pauls that will challenge and promote competition.
If we put these single clube teams in lower division it becomes more unfair, can't have a club's first team playing against a clubs third or fourth.
cbfliverpool
Current Club: Grads Blue

Post by cbfliverpool »

Congratulations to Windsor on the 2a championship, congrats to pulteney on promotion to div 1 , a big congrats to my team grads blue on securing promotion into div 1 on the last day of the season, with a hard fought win a
Against Windsor gardens, looking forward to the challenge
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

I think Windsor should grow a pair and be promoted. You say you could finish at the top of the table so why not prove it. Would a bye in the B division really be a bad thing? Or could the Rostrevor 2B team be promoted with them? They both won their divisions.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

crusader_ wrote:I think Windsor should grow a pair and be promoted. You say you could finish at the top of the table so why not prove it. Would a bye in the B division really be a bad thing? Or could the Rostrevor 2B team be promoted with them? They both won their divisions.
I think your misguided with that comment, Windsor have always said they would play were told.
Its the CSL that has the issues.
Everyone complained about Windsor winning Div. 3 so they were promoted to Div. 2.
Now everyone is complaining again...
I doubt Rostrevor will field a team in the 2B division next season. .