Norwood Soccer Club

MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Re: Norwood Soccer Club

Post by MickyP21 »

Its a major in, but theres been plenty of players go abroad and not make it then come back and they struggle again, Djite aint even in the starting 11
baggieboy

Post by baggieboy »

Another mediocre season for Norwood SC

Ive heard all there good players are getting PAID and are still just dishing up rubbish.

Somethings got to give.
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Post by Zorro's best mate »

Paid??? Really??!!!
I would be asking for a refund if that was true ;)
They have been very average this year although the competition has stepped up a level i reckon......
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

I seriously doubt any CSL players are being paid to play. Where would the money come from?! We just pay FFSA to ... be FFSA.
Zorro's best mate

Don't know.... I bet some are..... The SAASL has LOTS of 'paid' players and the money comes from sponsorship.
No reason why a CSL team couldn't get sponsors money and put some of it the way of a top player I'm guessing!
Just saying, I don't see any of the Norwood players getting paid and if they are...... a letter to the department of trade would be in order to ask for a refund due to misrepresentation of goods paid for ;)

PS - Only joking but seriousley, Norwood have underdelivered at times this year yet have been hard to beat at other times.... depth has probably contributed and the standard has also lifted making a top 4 finish as hard as I can ever remember in Div 2.... They will return to form soon I'm sure although I reckon they are close to being a one team club as numbers seem to be low...... so I'm told ;)
hellas

Post by hellas »

Strong Rumour - Valkanis playing next year, apparently he's good friends with the coach. I hope so, we need more Greeks out to the club. Hellas - State champions!
yak

Post by yak »

Be awesome for the league if he does play! Bring it on i say.
jarrydfurnell
Current Club: Immanual Doves

Post by jarrydfurnell »

Is it true Peter Burgoyne played a few games for them this year?
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Looks like Norwood showed a glimpse of their talent last night with a big win over North City. Thank you for helping Mt Barker effectively seal promotion!

Maybe Windsor will snap up Valkanis just as he's about to complete his medical at Norwood. Like Chelsea did with Willian.
Zorro's best mate

Its mathmatically possible for North City and Windsor to pip you still ;)
Reality is that Barker have joined Immanuel and will play with the elite!
Well done to Immanuel on a greta achievement and well done to Mt Barker after only a few years n the comp!
I remember their first season when the A's were variable and the Div 3 team were getting mashed 16-0 on a regular basis..... great strides have been made and I reckon both teams will be competitive next year :)