Fairplay Award?

fingers
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars

Fairplay Award?

Post by fingers »

This might already happen so apologies if it does but has the CSL thought about a fairplay award to the club with the best disciplinary record each season?

Thought it might be a good incentive for clubs to clean up their acts and come down harder on players at their clubs.

I represent Unley and whilst we don't have the best record in 2014 we have been working hard to reduce the numbers of cards our players get and have seen an improvement from 2013.

There are a couple of clubs that use a hand...one club has 13 reds this year, terrible!
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Re: Fairplay Award?

Post by boots »

Going by the overwhelming non response, clearly many are not interested in such an award.

I do think that Fairplay should be recognised though. There are way too many teams that get overly aggressive for amateur football.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Fair play...... Not that interested in an award for who got most / least cards.
More interested in getting the severe cases sorted properly.....
A club with multiple red cards for yellow card offences = one thing
A club or player with red cards for threatening refs, punching other players, trying to break people in two with a tackle = something else.
Does a club that walks off causing a game to be abandoned and gets no red cards a fairer club than one where a player gets a red for a 50/50 tackle and minor back chat??
Is a club with 97 yellows and 5 reds (terrible ;) ) fairer than a team with 56 yellows and 13 reds?
Or is the club with 22 yellows and 8 reds actually the worst of the lot......

The stats tell only part of the tale and rewarding / punishing on that basis is a token gesture
adelaidegreen

Post by adelaidegreen »

Unfortunately the Chairman of the CSL is gutless and allows clubs to behave as they like! FairPlay doesn't exist in the CSL as you will be allowed to do as you like. Punch,kick and threaten refs,play whoever you like under any name you like,not pay fines it's a free for all!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I look forward to you putting up your hand to be chairman next year.

Or are you too gutless?
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

yeh.. A bit harsh Adelaide green!
I was more pointing out the distorted picture that statistics can give rather than poking anyone!
I agree wholeheartedly with boots that some people / clubs are overly aggressive but they are in the minority to be honest...
Fair play isn't a bad idea but maybe the clubs should encourage it internally rather than the league?
fingers
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars

Post by fingers »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:Fair play...... Not that interested in an award for who got most / least cards.
More interested in getting the severe cases sorted properly.....
A club with multiple red cards for yellow card offences = one thing
A club or player with red cards for threatening refs, punching other players, trying to break people in two with a tackle = something else.
Does a club that walks off causing a game to be abandoned and gets no red cards a fairer club than one where a player gets a red for a 50/50 tackle and minor back chat??
Is a club with 97 yellows and 5 reds (terrible ;) ) fairer than a team with 56 yellows and 13 reds?
Or is the club with 22 yellows and 8 reds actually the worst of the lot......

The stats tell only part of the tale and rewarding / punishing on that basis is a token gesture
I agree...must have taken you a while to count our yellows?? Considering we are the biggest club in terms of teams and players, it is expected that we would have a few more...it wasn't meant to start a war, just a mere suggestion that perhaps a system of 1 point for a yellow and 5 for a red could be used and the club with the lowest tally at the end of the year be recoginsed. Due to clubs have different numbers of teams would suggest the final tally be divided by the number of teams a club has...
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Post by MickyP21 »

AdelaideGreen, your total lack of understanding on how the CSL is run, shows how idiotic your post was.

Dino does a terrific job, and has nothing to do with punishments, that goes to the disciplinary tribunal - as it should, and threatening refs have more to do with the ref, not the chairman.

Care to have any examples of what your talking about? Or are you just a troll who wants to post a very vague response then go away? Because if youre going to be that opinionated id love to hear of some examples...

In response to the fairplay idea.... im not against, but im exactly for it, id love to see teams fined when they accrue too many cards i.e Grad Blue, they have accrued 44 yellows and 3 red with only two teams.... thats disgraceful i know of one player in particular in there B's who does nothing but hack players down... every year he accrues too many yellows all for the same shit, clubs like that need to be punished.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I like the idea. I think clubs should be recognised. Even give the winning club a free team rego fee for the following year. Approx $190.

FIFA do it and so do all the leagues around the world so I am not sure why squeezy is getting so excited. I do agree with Squeezy that his club might not be thugs but they just like handballing it on the line to stop a goal.

Its still not fair play.

Well done to the new that have come in.

Woodside / Blackwood - not one red card this year.
Woodside - 4 yellows / Blackwood - 7 yellows.

Thebarton - 4 red cards - 4 different players. / 20 yellow cards

When a player is getting 2 red cards a year or more, you can say he is far from fairplay. He might not be a thug / he might just be unlucky or a bit slow.

Either way it would be good to have a winner from each Div. Div 5 is very different to div 1A.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

Not excited Chelsea... just sparking debate ;)
No war fingers... just yanking yer chain :)
It actually took little time to count as the new stats function this season is pretty damn brilliant!! Although it did take take time to count all your yellows ;)