div 2

hellas

div 2

Post by hellas »

I've got told today that Div 2 is only going to have 7 teams in that league - are you serious
Windsor in Div 3 - why, no competition - they are beating Div 1 amateur teams pre season
North City - can barely make 1 team, with Daisy and his 15 year old kids playing 2 games- that's a waste
15-0 each week.
St Paul's - why can't they come in Div 2
I'll sit on the board - what's going on
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Re: div 2

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

North City and Regency have combined was what i heard... If so, they will be strong if they work the arrangement out!
7 teams is not good but St Pauls, WG and Scotch all only have 1 team and the CSL have had this on notice for at least 2 years now!
Not perfect with 7 teams but not sure how to fix it without having the one club teams like WG paired up with another 1 team club.....
Let the conversation begin :)
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Hellas, feel free to send me your name and email address and I can let you know when the CSL Executive Committee meetings will be. We are always looking for new people.

Until the CSL has 20 or more clubs with 2 or more teams then whatever happens with divisions 2A and 2B will not be ideal. We want those divisions to be full of clubs' A and B teams, so that promotion and relegation can occur each year with no complications. However, this year we have 17 clubs with 2 or more teams and 5 clubs with one team.

As things stand, if Windsor, Scotch, Blackwood, Woodside or St Paul's want to be in divisions 2A or 2B the solution is simple. They must form two teams. Hopefully at least 3 of them can do that for 2016.

In relation to North City, they have merged with Regency Eagles. Both clubs would have been struggling to field more than one team this year and Regency were struggling to get a ground to play home matches on. So their committees have agreed to merge into one club with two teams, playing at Parafield Airport.

Windsor winning division 2A last year and then being in division 3 this year is clearly not ideal, but no solution is. But, to be fair, they have never complained about what division they are put in. If the tope few div 3 teams from last season have teams which are as strong as last year then they will give Windsor some competition (albeit Windsor will certainly start as the favourites). If Grads Red put their div 4 team from last year in division 3 that would certainly add to the competition too. And Scotch will be in division 3 and should not be discounted. Division 3 will be really tough this year.

St Paul's were initially hopeful of having 2 teams and were scheduled to be in divisions 2A and 2B, as were Blackwoood. However, both clubs ultimately could only commit to fielding one team this season.

With 7 teams in divisions 2A and 2B, those teams wil play each other three times, with 18 games and 3 byes over a 21 week season. Their A and B teams will play all league games at the same location as one another, so it is not that bad an outcome.
hellas

Post by hellas »

Hey Ross, simple solution - Windsor comes to 2A and St Paul's 2b, that gives St Paul's a good look at having 2 teams for next year, and there grounds are close, c'mon mate stop having coffees in these meetings and discuss soccer.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Wow, we never thought of that option ...

We certainly looked at paring up all or some of the one team clubs across divisions 2A and 2B. That idea and various related ideas were ultimately considered and rejected. Not everyone will agree with what's been decided but that's life. Time to move on. If particular clubs are aggrieved, see if you can form two teams for next year and then you know what divisions you'll be playing in.

I better go get another coffee now.
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

Just a idea , maybe some of the clubs with 6 or 7 teams could join 2 a/b to make up the numbers
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Well that's what happens when we vote in one team clubs.
We all want the CSL to expand but it creates a few headaches with the fixtures.
Could even get to the stage where 1 team clubs have their own division!
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

Well that seems like a good idea WG will win
nobody

Post by nobody »

No one voted WG in as a one team club. WG was around at the beginning when there were only 1 and 2 team clubs. To the credit of the CSL they have done a great job in expanding the league. But we now have this current situation.
Can't see what was wrong with the setup of the last few years. Everything looked to be working well. Why change it.
Was the decision based on the majority view of the league or just some very loud voices that wanted the change to benefit themselves?
Anyway looking forward to getting out on the pitch for a run around and being reminded by the opposition every week how old and fat I am.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

nobody wrote:No one voted WG in as a one team club. WG was around at the beginning when there were only 1 and 2 team clubs. To the credit of the CSL they have done a great job in expanding the league. But we now have this current situation.
Can't see what was wrong with the setup of the last few years. Everything looked to be working well. Why change it.
Was the decision based on the majority view of the league or just some very loud voices that wanted the change to benefit themselves?
Anyway looking forward to getting out on the pitch for a run around and being reminded by the opposition every week how old and fat I am.
Sorry I was mainly referring to the clubs who have come on-board recently.