Paying players

bodes
Current Club: Pulteney Old Scholars

Re: Paying players

Post by bodes »

crusader_ wrote:Well I heard that in the last few weeks a 1A club played a 2A club in a trial game and, after the game, the 1A club pinched 2 or more of the other club's players with the promise of paying them. The word "pinched" is a clue.
You were fed some bollocks if those players told you that. They came to a couple of training sessions and one of our games following an invite from another player. They were never offered money to play and they decided not to stay. If you'd prefer to learn the truth and stop with your childish innuendo you can give me a call.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

There's a lot of speculation about players and payments but I would be gobsmacked if any CSL club offered money beyond the usual (and nothing wrong with) offering reduced / free fee's for the season.
There a few raw nerves around on the subject but we should keep it to ourselves and not be posting on forums...
If we all focus on our own clubs and the million jobs we all have to do to get the season underway, then the question of who plays where and why is not a problem :)
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

I would have thought paying players in our league would make you less likely to win a championship - from my observations over the last 12 years the best teams in any period have been good groups of players not necessarily the ones filled with the best individuals.