CSL Super Cup

chelsea

CSL Super Cup

Post by chelsea »

Rostrevor v Mt Barker

Results from 2014.

Mt Barker 3-2 at home

3-3 at Rostrevor.

Rostrevor did not beat Mt Barker in 2014.

2 High scoring games in 2014 and I am sure the coaches would be happy with goals but just too many conceded.

I think Rostrevor have improved defensively so I dont expect them to concede 3 goals tonight.

Mt Barker also have an advantage as they have played on Adelaide Shores before and know what to expect from the pitch. Rostrevor will have to quickly get used to the ground in warmup.

Tough to call a result this early in the season but I will go with 3-1 to the league champions.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Re: CSL Super Cup

Post by crusader_ »

I predict a 3-2 win after extra-time for this year's league champions - Mt Barker!

Should be a great game.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Cmon you ROCCAS 1 - 1 all after 90 mins. Rostrevor win it on penalties. 7 - 6.
Good competitive game - it was very even. Rostrevor had the better chances, but Mt B are very organised and compact - difficult to break down. All the best for the season!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

After the game there were a few envelopes been handed out in the Rostrevor change rooms. Could they be the club that are paying their players? Back to that later.

I did say in my prediction that Rostrevor have improved defensively. Conceding 1 goal this time round was an improvement but at the same time Mt Barker have done a bit of work on their defensive setup which made it difficult for Rostrevor to score the 3 goals that I predicted before the match.

1st Half ended 0-0, but both sides could have scored. Mt barker had the 1st opportunity when their main striker had a good chance to put them in the lead but failed to hit the target. Rostrevor also hit the post twice and had a few good shots on goal. Some good hard tackles laid by both teams but all were very fair.

2nd half - Rostrevor took the lead in approx the 55min through a simple tap in from their captain Michael Saaccardo after a cross along the deck from the right hand side. Rostrevor kept on applying the pressure for the 2nd but just could not get it and then in approx the 70 min Mt Barker scored via their main strike - Kayne Stubing. A good header after receiving a cross from their rightd. He managed to beat 2 Rostrevor defenders and the keeper to put Mt Barker back in the game. This guy knows how to score and might just win the top goal scorer award again in 2015 to make it back to back.

Mt barker were now back in it, their confidence rose and the last 20 minutes was end to end but with no major clear chances for both sides.

1-1 at full time. Extra time saw both teams start to get tired as it went on and from memory maybe Rostrevor had the better chance to score but the game ended at 1-1 after 120 minutes.

Both teams were calm from the penalty spot with the 1st 14 spot kicks going in to make it 7-7. Mt Barker missed their 8th spot kick after the Rostrevor keeper picked the right way and dived to his left to make the save. Number 89 - Peter karakasilis, a new player to the club stepped up to the pressure and converted to win the game.

A very good hit out for both sides and if these 2 teams can keep all their players out on the park throughout the year then they will both be contenders.

A few things for the coaches to still work on as I dont think either would of walked away very satisfied.

I thought the referee also had a good game along with the assistants. They can never please everyone with their decisions but overall they were good.

I asked the officials after the game for their best players:

Best on ground - Michael Saccardo - Rostrevor Captain and goal scorer.

Other in top 3 - Rostrevor - George Belekas - Mt Barker - Keegan Bennet

Back to the envelopes. No payments at Rostrevor. Just the club giving out Easter Cards to the players wishing them and their families all the best.

Well done to Rostrevor - Super Cup winners 2015
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Very good summary Chelsea, I must have lost count with the penalties.
In the interest of full disclosure to the CSL I did offer to buy the players a round of beers, but the canteen shut up shop!
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

A good summary but have to say Rostrevor captain was very lucky to stay on the park after receiving a yellow card and then escaping punishment for two much worse fouls that Mt Barker players also got yellows for .Hey that's football. Good luck to both teams for the season.