2015 Predictions

roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

2015 Predictions

Post by roswil »

Hi all,

Who do you predict to win each of the Leagues and the Cup for season 2015? I think there are going to be a few very close title races in some of the competitions with a lot of even teams this year.

My predictions are;

Div. 1A – Rostrevor
Div. 1B - Mercedes
Div. 2A – Norwood
Div. 2B – UniSA
Div. 3 – Windsor
Div. 4 – Rostrevor/Grads Red
Div. 5 – Unley
Div. 6 – Rostrevor
Cup – Grads Red
INTERISTA

Re: 2015 Predictions

Post by INTERISTA »

Love predictions.
Div 1 -
Winners:
Nearly too close to call. I think ROCSC & Unley will be main contenders. Closely followed by Uni W, Grads Red & Mt Barker.
Relegation:
Uni Blue. Not sure if its two spots or one this year.
Div 1B - Mercedes or ROCSC
Div 2 - Norwood or Immanuel.
Div 2B - Uni SA or Immanuel.
Div 3 - Windsor
Div 4 - Grads Red or ROCSC
Div 5 - ROCSC or Pembroke
Div 6 - Mt.B.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Interista, ROCSC will rightly start as favourites for 1A. But of the 5 teams you have listed as contenders for 1A only ROCSC have won the title in the last 10 years. Of the 5 teams you have discounted, 3 of them have won 8 titles between them in that period.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Ross30 wrote:Interista, ROCSC will rightly start as favourites for 1A. But of the 5 teams you have listed as contenders for 1A only ROCSC have won the title in the last 10 years. Of the 5 teams you have discounted, 3 of them have won 8 titles between them in that period.
I'm going off last season and I think last years top 3 will be more or less be the same.
Unley have finished top 3 for the last 3 or so seasons and just narrowly missed out on the title last year. Uni White picked up some really talented players last season, so ill assume they're still hanging around.
I take your point - a lot of competitive clubs, but unless those 5 teams got some new players I don't think they'll finish inside the top three. But then again they may have!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Last 10 years - 1A Championship

2006 - Rostrevor
2007 - Mercedes
2008 - Mercedes
2009 - Mercedes
2010 - Pembroke
2011 - Sacred Heart
2012 - Sacred Heart
2013 - Pembroke
2014 - Rostrevor
2015 - ???

From what I have seen I am with INTERISTA. Apart from Rostrevor, I dont think the other 3 champions from the last 10 years will be winners in 2015. I would go with Mercedes as my pick to be the highest ranked team from the 3 in 2015.

Rostrevor will have the challenge of staying hungry for a title and every single game in 2015 will be tough as everyone will want to beat them even more.

My tip for 2015 is one of the Uni Teams. Grads Red or Uni White.

2015 will belong to a new team.

I will also submit the tip from the Crusader brothers - Mt Barker will be champions in 2015!!
stdanjo

Post by stdanjo »

Just wondering why people are picking Rostrevor for the Div 4 this year ? Looking at last years table they only won 4 games last season ?
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

ROCSC 4th team competed in Div 2B last year and won it.
The team that only won 4 games was the clubs fifth team which have dropped a division in 2015 to Div 5.
stdanjo

Post by stdanjo »

thanks for that - seems a strange one to put them in div 4 then? or is this a by product of the balancing out the single clubs last year in Div 2, Windsor etc.
Doesn't say much about the 2b league!
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

In response to Chelsea's comment, and to elaborate upon my earlier comment, "the last ten years" includes 2005. Pembroke won the 1A title that year, albeit I'm not suggesting that has any relevance to who will win in 2015. Just clarifying what I meant by "3 of them have won 8 titles between them in that period".

Rostrevor looked very good in pre-season and will be very hard to beat. But I sense that the predictions from their two supporters are based purely upon who Rostrevor struggled against last year. There is a bit more to it than that, but we shall see how it all pans out.

Stdanjo, in the last few season Rostrevor (or Unley) and Pembroke had their 4th or 5th teams in division 2B because they were paired with one-team clubs in division 2A. Those clubs' top 3 teams were in 1A, 1B and div 3, which are all stronger divisions than division 2B. Now the divisions have been reformatted those clubs can all enter their 4th side in division 4, so they should be more competitive. But if Grads Red decide to play their all-star team in division 4 again this season they will be very hard to beat. Hopefully that group of players play in division 3, to add to what looks to be a very strong division.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Mr Chelsea, you beat me to it. But Mt Barker are my tip for division 1A in 2015.

Other divisions:

1B: Uni White
2A: Norwood
2B: Uni SA
3: Mercedes
4: Grads Red
5: Woodside
6: Mt Barker
Cup: Rostrevor