2015 Predictions

chelsea

Re: 2015 Predictions

Post by chelsea »

Ross30 wrote:
Rostrevor looked very good in pre-season and will be very hard to beat. But I sense that the predictions from their two supporters are based purely upon who Rostrevor struggled against last year. There is a bit more to it than that, but we shall see how it all pans out.
Rostrevor struggled against a few teams in 2014. I dont like the word struggle as they were never beaten off the park but for what ever reason things just didnt match up for them. They won the league with the lowest points for quite some time. 37 points from 18 games.37 points from 54 pts available. Basically they dropped 17 points.

These are the teams that made them drop 17 points:

5pts - Mt Barker
5pts - Uni White
5pts - Unley
2pts - Pembroke

Because 1A has become very competitive its just to hard to predict.
This is what will happen in over a 3 week period.
Rostrevor will beat Pembroke 2-0. Pembroke will beat Grads Red 2-0.
Rostrevor play Grads Red- you expect Rostrevor to win by maybe 4. What happens? Grads Red win 2-1.

Anyway, Im jumping on the Uni Whites this year. Im doing my best to remember their song.
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Post by MickyP21 »

Dont know too much about the lower leagues, but Grads Red were bloody impressive in our mid week game. Very hot and cold club, could maybe be their year this year. Rumours are Grads Blue have imploded and have lost alot of their big name players, so maybe its straight back down? if its true its kinda frustrating because they're the club that kept us from promotion last year... oh well.

Div 2 is interesting, CBC are on the way up judging by pre-season, looking alot fitter. The North City/Regency merge is interesting. Two unorganised clubs pulling their resources together... we'll see what happens there.

Immanuel are bit like Grads Red, Ive been on the receiving end of drubbings wins and loses with them... hoping they are on the way down! With only one spot for grabs it will be far more hotly contested than previous years.

Knowing our luck we'll miss out on top spot by a couple of points... when every other year that would get us promoted...
cbfliverpool
Current Club: Grads Blue

Post by cbfliverpool »

MickyP21 wrote:Dont know too much about the lower leagues, but Grads Red were bloody impressive in our mid week game. Very hot and cold club, could maybe be their year this year. Rumours are Grads Blue have imploded and have lost alot of their big name players, so maybe its straight back down? if its true its kinda frustrating because they're the club that kept us from promotion last year... oh well.

Div 2 is interesting, CBC are on the way up judging by pre-season, looking alot fitter. The North City/Regency merge is interesting. Two unorganised clubs pulling their resources together... we'll see what happens there.

Immanuel are bit like Grads Red, Ive been on the receiving end of drubbings wins and loses with them... hoping they are on the way down! With only one spot for grabs it will be far more hotly contested than previous years.

Knowing our luck we'll miss out on top spot by a couple of points... when every other year that would get us promoted...
Its true we have lost alot of really quality talent, from last year squad which is very big disappointment, that being said we are hoping to be very competitive through the season and stay in div 1A and build from there.
Going to be a very hard task, we have alot of new players this year, so its just how quickly we can gel together as a team, and go from there, big test first round of the year against last years champions.
My predictions

1A Grads Red
1B Uni White
2A Norwood
2B Uni SA
3 Windsor
4 Rostrevor
5 Mt Barker
6 Grads Blue
Cup Rostrevor
Gotta support my team for one of the divisions.
adelaidegreen

Post by adelaidegreen »

Unley went 3rd,3rd and then 2nd and with a top class new coach this season I expect them to go one better this year with last years core of players.
Joshy

Post by Joshy »

Mercedes 3rd Team only lost one game last year (and a draw on the last day of the season after they had already one the league)... and yet Windsor seem to be highly favoured to win that division this year.

I know Windsor are historically strong, but I'd still like to think that more people would respect the 2014 Mercedes record.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

adelaidegreen wrote:Unley went 3rd,3rd and then 2nd and with a top class new coach this season I expect them to go one better this year with last years core of players.
Unley were my pick for 2014 but just didnt get there and I expect them to be around the mark in 2015.

I know that they have a new coach this year but who is this "top class new coach"?

Please let us know.

"The hardest coach to play on is the one that has got the better side"
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

I respect Mercedes 3's, don't worry Joshy. You are as good as many A grade teams. The same could be said of Windsor though. It might not even be all about just those two teams though. The third division could be really tough if the cup results are anything to go by.
roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

Post by roswil »

Completely agree Re Division 3.
In my opinion one of the toughest Divisions to contest for a title (other being the Div. 1A competition).
This year, with the Division comprising of two first teams (Windsor / Scotch), an experienced Mercedes side, and all other clubs fielding very competitive teams full of talent that are eager to push for spots in their senior sides - this will be a really entertaining Division to watch week in/week out.
John Pits
Current Club: Olympiakos

Post by John Pits »

roswil wrote:Completely agree Re Division 3.
In my opinion one of the toughest Divisions to contest for a title (other being the Div. 1A competition).
This year, with the Division comprising of two first teams (Windsor / Scotch), an experienced Mercedes side, and all other clubs fielding very competitive teams full of talent that are eager to push for spots in their senior sides - this will be a really entertaining Division to watch week in/week out.
Keep your eye on us Grads Red boys in that div (3) this year :)

That's the extent of my predictions for this year. 1A will be competitive as always across the span of 4, or 5 clubs.
Piker

Post by Piker »

Good to see the CSL Forum getting so much positive traffic in the lead up to the season openers.

Interesting across 1A as always. Rostrevor (and all other reigning championes for that matter) deserve to start favourite given the real lack of insight we have to ins and outs and coaching changes etc across the leagues.

Fancy Unley to again be around the mark and Grads to be in the mix, but as previously mentioned could be between half the league. early points will be crucial as i dare say there will be some pretty cagey and tight fixture towards the end.

Grads would easily have the individuals with the greatest ability, but sum of its parts need to equal a greater team output. i fancy thats probably been the case with them for a couple seasons. while the team orientated 1A sides generally go very well also (Pembroke/Mercedes/Barker)

My best guesses on the two teams in each div to battle it out (apart from Div 3, i fancy if Mercedes have kept their core from last season, to do bad things again to the competition, even with the inclusion of Windsor)
1A Rostrevor / Grads
1B Rostrevor / Mercedes
3 Mercedes
4 Rostrevor / Grads
5 Unley / Immanuel
6 Unley / Barker