2015 Predictions

crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Re: 2015 Predictions

Post by crusader_ »

Let's see if Windsor win the cup if they are such superstars. When is the draw for the second round?
katsouranis3

Post by katsouranis3 »

The Draw has been completed Rostrevor 1A drew Windsor.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

If your right... that there is the tie of the round without seeing anything else!!!
Might even go and watch that!!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:If your right... that there is the tie of the round without seeing anything else!!!
Might even go and watch that!!
The match up is correct but there are many great match ups in rd 2. Many 1a clubs playing 1a clubs.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Did I miss the memo? Has this been emailed out?

I know we're the only 1A club to lose in the first round, but still...
That's it!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Ross will send out shortly I believe. His just organizing his tickets for the concert that is on Saturday night.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

:lol:
That's it!
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Classic! Too funny, Chelsea. If the only the concert was just on Saturday night, then I wouldn't consider it stupid. Sadly it's apparently an all-day affair.

The draw has been done and I am awaiting the ok to send it out (kick-off times are the main issues).
The particularly big cup 2nd round games are (from memory):

Rostrevor 1A v Windsor
Unley 1A v Mercedes 1A
Pulteney 1A v Grads Red 1A
Pembroke 1A v Sacred Heart 1A
Mt Barker 1A v Norwood 2A (not 100% sure I have remembered this correctly)
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Yes Windsor v Rostrevor will be a tough battle. I believe the past two times they have faced off in the cup Windsor have knocked them out. Same as last year's pre-season cup which Windsor beat them in.

No doubt though that the reigning 1A champions have since improved and recruited some quality players and the fire will be burning for them to knock off their arch rivals in Windsor (albeit from a different div).

It will be an extremely close match that's for sure with some massive ego's and bragging rights on the line.

Both teams hate losing more than anyone in the competition which is why it will be a fiery affair.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

And crusader, who mentioned anything about Windsor being superstars ? Half of the team turn 40 this year, that's far from their glory days. Last time they won the CSL Cup was in 2010 and I believe were runners up in 2012 or 11, I forget.

Windsor would love a crack at Div 1 but the structure of the league doesn't allow that. To be honest, it's a bunch of mates that train for half an hour a week and have a bit of a run around on the weekend to keep active and get out of the house. Introducing a second team would remove control of such a tight knit bunch of guys and they would blow the additional revenue on pizza and beer.

Windsor are a proud club and respected club, are far from the best team in all leagues and I don't really think they are superstars, more so some aging legs with experience which sometimes makes up for skill.