2015 Predictions

crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Re: 2015 Predictions

Post by crusader_ »

Don't worry Roberto Baggio, I wasn't suggesting Windsor are self-proclaimed superstars. It's just that everyone else says that about you!

I hope some teams can give you a decent contest this year. I wouldn't mind going to watch Rostrevor A v Windsor but we have a big game of our own. It should be a Friday night game.
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

yak

Post by yak »

Or maybe they are self proclaimed superstars...
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

haha why does everyone have beef with Windsor ?
Snowball

Post by Snowball »

Because there too good for playing against C grade teams. No glory in stuffing C grade teams week in week out. They have 24 players on the books so should of gone up to div 1
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Totally agree snowball. But we don't ask to be put in Div 2 and we struggle to make 16 each week.

We would love a crack at Div 1, have been saying that for years. But year after year we get dumpe in 2 or 3.

It's no fun for us either smashing teams week each week. We wanted to stay in Div 2 this year but the league decided against it.
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

How different is Windsor Gardens being too good for their division from other teams who have ex A graders dropping to their C or D teams (Mercedes? Grads Reds?) due to work and life commitments and stuffing teams week in week out?
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Can't stop a club doing that Boots as its an internal decision by players, coaches and the club....
The Windsor debate is that they have an A team in a C grade division as opposed to playing A team players in the C grade team...
The net effect MAY be similar but its a different issue.
It will NEVER be resolved to everyone's liking and whilst clubs have 4+ teams, cannot be resolved!!

Best teams should play Div 1 and WG are in that group..... The semantics of how it works in terms of number of teams is less of an issue in my humble opinion

Div 6 is a similar proposition as most of the teams I've seen would be in the top few of Div 5!!!!
A lot of higher grade guys getting a run, filling in or similar but its still a game and I'm happy getting a run regardless!!!
Snowball

Post by Snowball »

WG could always join the SAASL and play against similar size and aged players as they don't enjoy winning so easily every week against C grade teams.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

If Windsor are ever told they will be promoted to division 1 they will no doubt then pull-up stumps and move to either the SAASL or the Masters. But given that they were good enough to keep Rostrevor A's scoreless after 90 minutes, which no-one else has done so far, then it is a real shame they were not promoted last year. The replay will be worth watching!

It is interesting that no-one is giving Scotch a hard time for having an A grade team in division 3, or not forming 2 teams. I don't think Sotch or Windsor had a say in the matter, but because Windsor are dominating they are singled out.

Maybe the 1 team clubs should just be promoted to division 1 even if they don't have a reserve side if they finish in the promotion spots. Would a bye in division 1B be that bad? Then there would be no incentive for clubs to avoid expanding to 2 teams.