2015 Predictions

chelsea

Re: 2015 Predictions

Post by chelsea »

crusader_ wrote:
Maybe the 1 team clubs should just be promoted to division 1 even if they don't have a reserve side if they finish in the promotion spots. Would a bye in division 1B be that bad? Then there would be no incentive for clubs to avoid expanding to 2 teams.
If I had it my way, Windsor would of been in Div 1 many years ago and just maybe its not too late for 2016.
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

Snowball wrote:WG could always join the SAASL and play against similar size and aged players as they don't enjoy winning so easily every week against C grade teams.
Should and could have happened a few years back. I remember it like it was yesterday. CSL plenary meeting at Hindmarsh Stadium, I believe it was Frank representing Windsor said, and I quote "If us only having one team is an issue for the CSL, we are happy to go and play somewhere else such as SAASL". This was followed by a 10 second pause, the silence eventually broken by a couple of representatives trying to make everyone happy (not possible) saying "No, no it's fine, we'll work it out". Cue another hour discussion about the issue and the resolution of a temporary nature for the rest of that season. Following season: Same issue.

Windsor cop a lot of flack on here by people who clearly have never attended a CSL meeting in their time which is where the discussions are held and decision made (not on this forum!!!).

The main reason as I understand it has always been to not compromise the integrity of Div 1B by having a bye. Maybe a more pro-active approach for next season would be to start the discussion with a vote on "Who is opposed to division 1B having a bye". Ross, would a bye in 1B have any affect on how the fixtures work out for 1A?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

buzzy wrote:
The main reason as I understand it has always been to not compromise the integrity of Div 1B by having a bye. Maybe a more pro-active approach for next season would be to start the discussion with a vote on "Who is opposed to division 1B having a bye". Ross, would a bye in 1B have any affect on how the fixtures work out for 1A?
My real name is Ross,

Having a bye in 1B would not effect the fixtures at all.

Some of those meetings bring back good memories where you just felt like booting the ball at some people.

Bit like Cesc Fabregas did the other night.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Haha, I can assure everyone that Chelsea's real name is not Ross. Unless his name is Ross Trevor.

Buzz, I don't think having a bye in division 1B would be a real problem. Some clubs might even welcome it. Assuming div 1A had 10 teams and div 1B had 9 teams plus a bye, I would imagine that the format for the fixtures would be the same. A club's 1A and 1B teams would be kept together, but when an 1A team played Windsor Gardens their 1B team would just have a bye.

The only two issues I can see with that are:

- would clubs be ok with division 1B effectively being played over a 16 game season?
- clubs with more than 2 teams might decide to bolster their lower grades when their B's have a bye (but there is nothing to stop that occurring in any week, really, and there is the potential for that this year with 2A/2B having a bye).

I think it would work fine. Whether clubs would vote in favour of it (or whether clubs should get to vote on it) is a separate matter though.
nobody

Post by nobody »

This is hilarious. We have been going on about this topic for over 4 years.
The biggest joke is whoever decided to put Windsor back into div 3 this year. Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea. Don't blame Windsor for other people's stupidity.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

And who's to say Windsor are even good enough to compete in 1A. Yes the took Rostrevor A to a scoreless draw after 90 mins. But I can guarantee you that they would not be able to sustain it week in week out.

I agree with Nobody, the decision to put Windsor in Div 3 was a joke. How disheartening is it for those playing Windsor in Div 3 and getting smashed each week.

The league should have put Windsor in Div1 years ago. Who cares if there are byes. Just bit the bullet and make a decision. Half the guys are 40 now, what's the point?