Round 1 - 1A

chelsea

Round 1 - 1A

Post by chelsea »

Grads Blue v Rostrevor

Grads Blue promoted from 2A facing the 2014 Champions in the opening round. Tough challenge but in some ways its best to get this clash up 1st when all your players are available. The hardest task for Rostrevor will be to adjust to the pitch size.

Rostrevor should win their opening game but we will also get to see where Grads Blue stand.

Tip - Rostrevor to win.

Mt Barker v Grads Red

Results from 2014 - Mt Barker 2 v Grads Red 1 / Grads Red 1 v Mt Barker 0

Too close games in 2014. Mt Barker look strong overall. Grads Red do have a few skillful players that might just cause them some trouble.

Tip - Grads Red to win.

Pembroke v Mercedes

Results from 2014 - Mercedes 1 v Pembroke 1 / Pembroke 0 v Mercedes 1

Tip - Draw

Sacred Heart v Pulteney

Pulteney is back in 1A after a few years in 2A. 2006 was the last time Pulteney were in 1A. Hopefully they have rebuilt and will hold their spot in 1A.

Tip - Sacred Heart to win.

Uni White v Unley

Results from 2014 - Uni white 2 v Unley 3 / Unley 2 v Uni White 0

These teams also played a friendly a few weeks back. 7-1 was the score in Uni Whites way.
Unley might of been testing out their full squad. We will see what their "Top Class new coach" brings out.
Uni White did get knocked out of the cup in round 1 though which has made this game harder to tip.

Im still waiting for Adelaidegreen to let us know who the new coach is.

Tip - Unley

Look forward to the results.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Re: Round 1 - 1A

Post by wojindows »

While it would be nice to have that type of form, 7-1 was in fact from a few years back.
That's it!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

wojindows wrote:While it would be nice to have that type of form, 7-1 was in fact from a few years back.
Your website has a match report dated Feb 13, 2015.

When was this game played?
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

30/4/2011.

I'm moving match reports over from the old site - good point though, I should set the post date.
That's it!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Ok then, I am happy to stick with my tip for Unley then. Good luck on the weekend wojindows.

Uni White are my tip for 2015.
roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

Post by roswil »

Hi,

A lot of tight games across both Division 1A and 2A. Also, Grads Blue, Uni White, Rostrevor & Unley are all playing at the Adelaide Uni Grounds - I'm sure a few people might watch other teams to see how they're travelling.

Division 1A (prediction)
Grads Blue v Rostrevor (Rostrevor)
Mt Barker v Grads Red (Grads Red)
Pembroke v Mercedes (Draw)
Sacred Heart v Pulteney (Sacred Heart) - also, Pulteney were last in the Div. 1A comp in 2012, not 2006. :P
Uni White v Unley (Unley) – when Unley lost 7-1 to Uni White in 2011, Unley Div. 3 side won Cup, Div. 2 won their league and Unley Div. 1A came 6th that year. You would have thought it should have been the other way around.

Division 2A (prediction)
UniSA v Norwood – (Norwood)
North City v Thebarton (Thebarton)
Westminster v Immanuel (Immanuel)
CBC: BYE.

Good luck to all teams! :D
LGA

Post by LGA »

Good stuff as always Chelsea I enjoy your measured approach at the write ups and tips.

As for our top class coach, it is a past coach of ours who ventured off into some ffsa junior squad coaching. Unfortunately John couldn't continue, therefore we asked our past coach Jono who was also a founder of the club in 98' and he said yes.

Great news for us, however a coach is obviously only as good as his cattle.... His influence will be great and we look forward to a productive 2015. Rostrevor still the ones to catch with Grads Red a big chance to click under a stricter coach.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Pembroke vs MOCSC result bit of a shock. Would've thought a tighter score line.
Grads winning at Barker is a gd win.
Uni White starting strong again.