Rd 2 - 1A - Anzac Day

chelsea

Rd 2 - 1A - Anzac Day

Post by chelsea »

Round 2 looks like it will be another wet one. Hopefully the rain has eased off by the afternoon.

This year all games are on Anzac day but it is a day that has belonged to Rostrevor and Sacred Heart in the past few years. The rivals have played their games on this day. This is the 3rd meeting on Anzac day since the concept was started in 2013.

Past results for Anzac Day Clash:

2013 - Rostrevor 3 - Sacred Heart 0
2014 - Sacred Heart 1 - Rostrevor 3

2015 - Rostrevor v Sacred Heart - ?

Will be a tough game for the visitors but they are more then capable of causing Rostrevor problems.

The last time Sacred Heart won at Rostrevor was in 2011.

My Tip - Rostrevor

Grads Red v Uni White

These 2 teams are my favourites for the title this year. I had to pick one and have gone with Uni white as my tip for the champions.

This is a big game for these two clubs. Both coming off good wins in round 1 and they will want to be the kings of the Uni.

2014 results:

Uni White 3 - Grads Red 1
Grads Red 0 - Uni White 0

My Tip - Draw

Mercedes v Pulteney

Mercedes are my dark horse for 2015. They have done a bit of rebuilding in 2014 and these guys will cause a few problems for teams in 2015. They finished off well in 2014 with a 6-3 win / lose record in the 2nd half of the season. They have got off to a good start by beating Pembroke 3-0 away.

My Tip - Mercedes

Pembroke v Mt Barker

Only Rd 2 and these teams are already under pressure after they both lost their 1st games. None of these teams would want to be 6pts off the leaders.

Results from 2014:

Mt Barker 1 - Pembroke 3
Pembroke 1 - Mt Barker 1

My Tip - Mt Barker

Unley v Grads - Postponed.

Unley play Comets in the FFA cup. Good luck to Unley and I hope they get the result. Its not that many times I go for Unley but I hope they get the win. Hopefully in 2016 we can get more CSL sides involved in the FFA Cup.

A stat that I read from the Unley Facebook site is that they have won more games in the FFA cup then Western Sydney Wanderers. True fact.

Had a few nice messages from forum users who have enjoyed my write ups, thankyou for that. A special thanks to Katsouranis3 for your comments.

Good luck to all the teams, Especially the POWER!!

Enjoy ANZAC DAY 2015
INTERISTA

Re: Rd 2 - 1A - Anzac Day

Post by INTERISTA »

Grads Red result - what a scoreline 7 - 1!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Good result for Grads Red. I didnt expect a 7-1 win though either. Speaking with a Uni White contact over the weekend they did have approx 4-5 players out from the previous weeks starting lineup. That is the problem Uni White have when half their players decide to go to concerts / camping trips / need to study etc etc.

My only tip correct was Rostrevor winning. They have started well.

Mercedes v Pulteney - draw in the end. Mercedes and 2 penalties in this game but only scored one.
A good start by Pulteney in Div 1A. 2 draws is a good start when they are finding their feet.

Pembroke v Mt Barker. Close game between these 2 sides. Pembroke got the much needed points.
Mt Barker need to start winning if they are going to challenge for the championship in 2015.

FFA Cup - Unley v Comets. Unley lost 11-0. I didnt expect them to win but I was hoping to see a much lower scoreline.

Hopefully I can improve on my tips next week. Rd 1 - 2 tips correct / Rd 2 - 1 tip correct.

At least I got my footy tips right for the Adelaide teams. Go You POWER!!
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Horror weekend for Mt Barker all round...
Nearly 30 players missing for a variety of reasons but the Anzac Day and Concert (plus the odd injury / holiday) took 7 of the first team out and another 6 of the Div 3 side!!!
Was a good effort to get 6 teams on the pitch in fairness and it will be a big 6 pointer next week as Uni Whites come up the hill after a bit of a mauling.
Grads Red and Rostrevor have started well and will be the teams to watch in the the first half of this season.
Went and had a crafty watch for 30 mins of the Comets / Unley game and it was a lesson in the fine line between good and very good. Good on them for having a crack and its better to have loved and lost than never loved at all (apparently!)
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

chelsea wrote:Good result for Grads Red. I didnt expect a 7-1 win though either. Speaking with a Uni White contact over the weekend they did have approx 4-5 players out from the previous weeks starting lineup. That is the problem Uni White have when half their players decide to go to concerts / camping trips / need to study etc etc.

My only tip correct was Rostrevor winning. They have started well.

Mercedes v Pulteney - draw in the end. Mercedes and 2 penalties in this game but only scored one.
A good start by Pulteney in Div 1A. 2 draws is a good start when they are finding their feet.

Pembroke v Mt Barker. Close game between these 2 sides. Pembroke got the much needed points.
Mt Barker need to start winning if they are going to challenge for the championship in 2015.

FFA Cup - Unley v Comets. Unley lost 11-0. I didnt expect them to win but I was hoping to see a much lower scoreline.

Hopefully I can improve on my tips next week. Rd 1 - 2 tips correct / Rd 2 - 1 tip correct.

At least I got my footy tips right for the Adelaide teams. Go You POWER!!
But how come the other two Adelaide Uni teams never seem to lose playing numbers? Uni White must only accept the academic students! :)
katsouranis3

Post by katsouranis3 »

great write-up Chelsea.. love it!

exciting start to the season, rostrevor and grads red looking the goods early on but there's a lot of the season still to go.

some nice match ups this weekend too. Pulteney v Grads Blue will be interesting
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

INTERISTA wrote:
chelsea wrote:Good result for Grads Red. I didnt expect a 7-1 win though either. Speaking with a Uni White contact over the weekend they did have approx 4-5 players out from the previous weeks starting lineup. That is the problem Uni White have when half their players decide to go to concerts / camping trips / need to study etc etc.
But how come the other two Adelaide Uni teams never seem to lose playing numbers? Uni White must only accept the academic students! :)
We currently have a high percentage of uni students - a number of whom go away during uni holidays. It may not be any more than other clubs, but last week we did have 4 away (plus 2 injured) from our first squad.

Grads Blue have also had this problem in the past with a high number of international students going home for holidays.

I suggest Grads Red don't have as high a percentage (??)

But saying that, take nothing away from Grads Red. A very good team performance - and very clinical in front of goal. We played poorly, and they took full advantage.

Here's to starting again next week.
That's it!