Round 3 - Showdown Rd 1A

chelsea

Re: Round 3 - Showdown Rd 1A

Post by chelsea »

roswil wrote: The referees were great too and let all the lads play football instead of trying to steal the show - quality stuff.
I think this is the 1st time I have seen 2 referees receive praise at the same time. Normally we can barely praise 1.
buzzy

Re: Round 3 - Showdown Rd 1A

Post by buzzy »

roswil wrote:The Unley v Mercedes game was a cracker! In fact, all four games between them were fantastic! Each of the games, there were early dominance and late pressure to keep the lead to both sides. Always enjoy playing against Mercedes and at the end of the day, everyone let their football do the talking on the pitch and enjoyed some beers afterwards. The referees were great too and let all the lads play football instead of trying to steal the show - quality stuff.

Unley/Pembroke - can never count these two out and I'm sure will click as a unit sooner rather than later.

Mt Barker seems to have found their stride and Rostrevor/Grads Red continue their business as usual.
Agree 100%, our away fixture on Unley's ladies day is my favourite match every year. Always a tight contest, often heated but no one ever crosses that thin line between tough and dirty. With regard to referees - the guy who did 1A/1B normally does federation but has been "dropped" to the CSL for not going to ref training and Raf who did Div 3 and 4 played at Rostrevor for many years so I'm guessing he does a good job due to the fact he has played in and understands our league.