Rd 2 - Cup - Real Madrid v Juventus

chelsea

Re: Rd 2 - Cup - Real Madrid v Juventus

Post by chelsea »

The above is most likely to be correct and more true. I have only gone by a text message received which might of meant to read 90 min instead of 80min. So after 90 minutes which makes more sense from a referee perspective. The error was picked up and the match stopped there. So no walk off from Rostrevor. Just a breach of rules from Windsor. Windsor wanted to play on extra time after breaching rules and Rostrevor refused. For the 5th time, after the info Rostrevor received on Friday this was a very good decision by the club not to play on.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Referee gave the option for Rostrevor to play the game on but Rostrevor refused. It was a basic error, Rostrevor happily have taken the result without actually winning.

It's not like Windsor played with 12 men, a player was missed off the team sheet who is registered, big deal, put his name down and play on. It's an amateur league, play on who cares.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Windsor put in some dirty challenges which resulted in our captain having to go off injured at around the 30 min mark. After half time it got worse and the ref was handing out yellows' every few mins.

Around the 80th min mark - Windsors 5th or 6th yellow of the game the Ref realised that a player who got booked wasn't listed. Why the game continued I have no idea.

After the 90 the Ref stated that ROCSC had won the game. Naturally Windsor pressured the Ref to point where he said if ROCSC agreed to play on than they game would continue into extra time.

It shouldnt be up to any club to make a ruling like that & TBH it felt like the Ref was passing the blame onto us. After discussing it we declined to continue.

Main reason being the info received on Fir night from CSL executive committee about Windsor purposely miss allocating a red card from last week.

After the 90 mins of constant ankle taps & studs up challenges, who'd want to go another 30 mins of that?
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

What does Windsor misallocating a red card the week before have to do with this game ? How is this the "main reason" why Rostrevor decided not to continue playing ?

The carded player did not play in the cup round so how did this actually affect the game in question ?

Rostrevor should have continued to play on and let the discussion be decided in office.

But Rostrevor were scared of losing which is why they walked off the park.

The Division 1 champions struggling against old, fat, lazy Div 3 loudmouths were offered a default win. I call on all opinions from other teams and ask what they would do in this situation if they were Rostrevor ?

Windsor Gardens were denied a result and deserve a rematch. Simple as that.
nobody

Post by nobody »

I want to make it clear that the player was a registered eligible player. He was not deliberately left off the team sheet. It was a honest mistake made by the the team manager, due to the way the team sheet was printed (one player on one side and the remaining on the other....bloody computers). Windsor had nothing to hide. The blame must be placed on the referee for making a rash incorrect decision to abandon the game. Show me the rule that says the referee had the right to abandon the game and call it a forfeit.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

divineponytail wrote:What does Windsor misallocating a red card the week before have to do with this game ? How is this the "main reason" why Rostrevor decided not to continue playing ?

The carded player did not play in the cup round so how did this actually affect the game in question ?

Rostrevor should have continued to play on and let the discussion be decided in office.

But Rostrevor were scared of losing which is why they walked off the park.

The Division 1 champions struggling against old, fat, lazy Div 3 loudmouths were offered a default win. I call on all opinions from other teams and ask what they would do in this situation if they were Rostrevor ?

Windsor Gardens were denied a result and deserve a rematch. Simple as that.
Because Windsor got caught out that's why. Had the CSL not found out I bet he would've played.
Denied a result? You boys kicked your way to a nil all.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

38. Team Sheets & Match Reports
(1) Each Club shall hand to the match official a completed team sheet in the format approved
by FFSA. The teams sheet is to contain the correct names and initials in block letters, the
registered numbers and shirt numbers of the club's players taking part in the match, the
club's nominated substitutes for the match and the names of the club coach, manager and
ground stewards at least 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the game. No game is
to commence prior to the match officials receiving the team sheets from both teams.
Incomplete Team Sheet Penalty - $15.00 per offence
If a situation occurs where a club may need to make an amendment to a team sheet that
has already been submitted to the match official, a club official may approach the match
official prior to the commencement of the game to make the amendment. Once the game
has commenced no amendments will be permitted to the team sheet.
Penalty: Level 2 fine. – Refer to Competition Regulations
(2) (a) A team is not permitted to list any more than 16 players on a team sheet
(b) A Club shall not play in any match a player who is not named on the team sheet for
the match.
Penalty – The team will forfeit the game and will be issued with a Level 2 fine – Refer to
Competition Regulations.

From a referees handbook - 2 things the referee should of done and will most likely admit to it.

1.Stop the game at 75min and give result as forfeit.
2.Dont ask the team which has been awarded the win whether they would like to play on.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

As said before... wrong decision by the ref but the clerical error would have led to the game being forfeited eventually.
Should have been sorted in the disciplinary office not by a ref.
Questions:
1 - Why did the ref have the team sheet on him at the 75 min mark? Have never seen a ref mark the team sheet mid game.
2 - Why not abandon it /at the 75 min mark?

Anyway, time to move on and make sure I have filled my team sheet in properly for this weekends game!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:As said before... wrong decision by the ref but the clerical error would have led to the game being forfeited eventually.
Should have been sorted in the disciplinary office not by a ref.
Questions:
1 - Why did the ref have the team sheet on him at the 75 min mark? Have never seen a ref mark the team sheet mid game.
2 - Why not abandon it /at the 75 min mark?

Anyway, time to move on and make sure I have filled my team sheet in properly for this weekends game!
1. I asked the Ref the same question, that is the style the ref uses. Fills out the cautions / checks things as he goes. If the player didnt get a yellow it would not have been picked up either.

2. As you can imagine the referee would of been under a fair bit of pressure at this point not only from Windsor but then also Rostrevor. So he made a decision to continue the game.
dactylion
Current Club: ROCSC

Post by dactylion »

As mentioned earlier, the ref realised Adrian wasn't on the team sheet a few minutes after he was booked (for opening his big mouth for the 50th time during the match I might add). However, I believe it was beyond the 80th minute when the ref noticed the error, otherwise, I'm assuming he would've abandoned the match at the 75th minute mark.

The ref didn't want to make the tough decision & gave us (Rostrevor) the choice whether we wanted to continue playing into extra time OR whether we wanted to take the win.

Funny thing was, the ref told us that if we decided to play on into extra time and ended up losing the match, that we had no right to appeal/contest the decision. Bizarre.

This incident is a bit of an odd situation, but the ref should have dealt with it better IMO. He needed to be assertive and make the tough decision...not put the ball in our court and leave the decision up to us!!

BTW, Windsor are having a cry now that "we are scared" and "are cheats" etc etc.... but lets be honest here....NO team would bust their a**e for another half an hour when they have the easy choice of taking the result at the end of the 90!

Also, Windsor.....I know for a FACT that if the roles were reversed, you guys would have done the exact same thing....and don't deny that!

It was an unfortunate error made by your team manager and yes, it seems silly abandoning the match, especially as it finished 0-0, but they are the rules:

"Once the game has commenced, no amendments will be permitted to the team sheet."