Rd 2 - Cup - Real Madrid v Juventus

divineponytail

Re: Rd 2 - Cup - Real Madrid v Juventus

Post by divineponytail »

Easy way out.

Div 1 Champions could only beat the fat, old, lazy bastards by an administrative default and not on the score sheet.

Good luck in the cup.
juventus fc
Current Club: Windsor Gardens Old Scholars

Post by juventus fc »

dactylion wrote: BTW, Windsor are having a cry now that "we are scared" and "are cheats" etc etc.... but lets be honest here....NO team would bust their a**e for another half an hour when they have the easy choice of taking the result at the end of the 90!
I'd have to agree about being scared. Playing against 10 men for 15 mins and not wanting to play 30 more mins against 10 men possibly less as we had so many yellow cards from kicking our way to a draw. :lol:
If ROCS weren't scared they would have saddled up and put the result beyond doubt. Now they will just be remembered for a cheap forfeit win and not being able to put away a Division 3 team.
acmilan

Post by acmilan »

lol scared. You probably wouldn't have had enough players in extra time to finish the game with nearly the whole team on yellows. Especially the way the ref was handing out cards.
juventus fc
Current Club: Windsor Gardens Old Scholars

Post by juventus fc »

acmilan wrote:lol scared. You probably wouldn't have had enough players in extra time to finish the game with nearly the whole team on yellows. Especially the way the ref was handing out cards.
Guess we'll never know. ;)
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Just clicked 400 views for my write up. I wish I was getting $1 per view.

At the end of the day both Rostrevor and Windsor will be remembered.

An unfortunate ending to a game I was looking forward to. I lost interest on Friday afternoon about the game and I decided not to go and watch and I am glad I didnt as obviously the ending was a shambles.

It was a mistake by Windsor. They were not trying to cheat by not having the player on the sheet.

They have to accept the mistake they made and move on.

Things like this will happen every few years and its a reminder to all to make sure you have everything in order.
Snowball

Post by Snowball »

Mount barker pay them a visit this weekend. Hope they fill the team sheet in correctly.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Careful, they don't want to forfeit the game for playing an eligible registered regular player.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

The ref has already offered WG's opposition this weekend the choice of a 3-0 win after 55 mins or having to play the 90 minutes for the potential fielding of a registered player with a name spelt wrong who may not have a red card wrongly applied....
WG will be allowed to start the game with 12 players in order to make sure they can finish at least one game this season with 11 on the park .
A plumber is on standby to deal with the excessive ankle taps after which, normal service will resume and the forum will revert back to questioning why Windsor aren't in Div 1A so that we can have more drama than an entire year of SBS programming..
;)
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Very Clever Squeezy. Good way to start my day. I like it. :P
nobody

Post by nobody »

If both teams and the referee can be there at 2hrs before kickoff.
All players to provide 100pts of identification, that can then be cross checked with the registration numbers of each player on the csl website. The referee can then confirm that he is happy that all the players are eligible to play and no errors are made on the match sheet. We will be hiring an independent auditing company (probably PricewaterhouseCoopers Australia) to then scan through all the documents confirming their authenticity. Once this process is completed the players can then enter the field of play.
Or
We can just trust that both teams have done the right thing and if there is an oversight or mistake we can fix it. Other than us seeing Marcello Carusca taking the field as James Smith, who gives a F@#K if there is a mistake on the team sheet, which can be fixed with a pen and common sense. :D