Round 6 - One third of the way there.....

Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Round 6 - One third of the way there.....

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Tips for this week......

Grads Blue v Pembroke - Pembroke to get up by 3 or 4 in another ones sided contest at the worlds smallest pitch
Grads Red v Rostrevor - tie of the round... someone wont have a 100% record.... sit on the fence draw
Mt Barker v Unley - Mt Barker to end Unley's recent recovery and get up by 1/2 in a repeat of last years cup final
Pulteney v Uni White - Cellar dweller duel, Pulteney to pick up 1st 3 points against a disappointing 2015 Whites
Sacred Heart v Mercedes - Too close to call but Mercs will be disappointed to give away a 2 goal lead last weekend and come back to beat SHOC's by the odd goal
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Re: Round 6 - One third of the way there.....

Post by crusader_ »

Stoke City v AC Milan is match of the round. I'm tipping there will be more cards than goals. Hope they have a draw.
Looking forward to the cup final rematch.
When are Unley & Grads Blue playing their game in hand?
roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

Post by roswil »

Massive weekend a head!

Grads Blue v Pembroke
Prediction: Pembroke with a comfortable win.

Grads Red v Rostrevor: Game of the Round. Everyone will be checking their results - and maybe hoping for a draw? Both scoring equal amount of goals (20) and only Rostrevor a head with a slight goal difference (conceding only 1, Grads Red only conceding 3).
Prediction: Rostrevor

Mt Barker v Unley: Another very important game for these two Clubs. Both have found their rhythm after a slow start and both needing to take 3 points to stay close to Grads Red/Rostrevor.
Prediction: Draw

Unley/Grads Blue catch up game is expected to be played within a fortnight - mid-week game under lights (TBC).

Pulteney v Uni White: Both struggling against top teams lately, but I think Uni White will prevail.
Prediction: Uni White by a goal.

Sacred Heart v Mercedes
Prediction: Mercedes to recover from last week, winning by a goal.

To be honest, besides the Grads Blue/Pembroke, all other games are going to be really close. I wouldn’t be surprise if the other four matches end up as a draw.

Good luck to all Clubs!
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:Tips for this week......

Grads Blue v Pembroke - Pembroke to get up by 3 or 4 in another ones sided contest at the worlds smallest pitch
Grads Red v Rostrevor - tie of the round... someone wont have a 100% record.... sit on the fence draw
Mt Barker v Unley - Mt Barker to end Unley's recent recovery and get up by 1/2 in a repeat of last years cup final
Pulteney v Uni White - Cellar dweller duel, Pulteney to pick up 1st 3 points against a disappointing 2015 Whites
Sacred Heart v Mercedes - Too close to call but Mercs will be disappointed to give away a 2 goal lead last weekend and come back to beat SHOC's by the odd goal
The next month or so for ROCSC is going to be very tough.
ROCSC are playing clubs who sit in the top half of the table.
Reds 2nd by one goal
Unley 5th
Mt Barker 3rd
Mercedes 4th

Compare that to Grads Red fixtures of
ROCSC 1st by one goal
Pembroke 6th
Unley 5th
Pulteney 7th
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Pembroke
Grads Red
Mt Barker
Mercedes
Uni white

They are my 5 winners for this week.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

100% Chelsea!!!! Nice tipping :)
Top results for Mt Barker and Mercedes this weekend to solidify both their credentials... there is a top 4 starting to move clear after this round.
The Top of the table clash didn't disappoint either with more cards given out than a sales rep on heat!
Mt Barker averaging 4.2 goals per game after a slow start (1 goal in first 2 games!!) and Unley looked a bit short on Saturday across their Div 1 teams.
Rostrevor have the clean sweep at the 1/3rd mark with only Unley, Barker and I think Mercedes to play in the outward 9 games.....
At the other end, Grads Blue are really struggling and will be hard pushed to pick up many points I am guessing which is always a shame....
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:100% Chelsea!!!! Nice tipping :)
You will need to read my tips again Squeezy, I tipped 4/5.

I tipped Grads Red over Rostrevor. My tip was Grads Red 2-1. Final result was Rostrevor 2-1.

More then happy to get that tip wrong though.

Still waiting to see the mighty Rocs play. Might get there one day.

This is my info on the game. A game that had it all by the sound of it.

Grads Red hit the lead. Rostrevor missed a penalty - saved by the keeper. Not sure at what point in the game this was. Whether they were 1-0 down or 1-1.

Rostrevor played the last 15 minutes with 10 men. Scores at the send off were 1-1 I believe.

A total of 9 yellow cards were given out - the red card was for 2 bookings.

1-1 after 90 minutes. Rostrevor score in the 1st 30 seconds of injury time via a header from a corner from their defender Belekas.

At 1-1 with 15min to go my tip was looking good along with the scoreline but the Rostrevor players made sure I didnt collect big at UBET.

A very good win for the guys and I am sure they will remember that one for a long time but there are many more games to be played.

Grads Red are still a major title threat though.
Last edited by chelsea on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote: Mt Barker averaging 4.2 goals per game after a slow start (1 goal in first 2 games!!)
Mt Barker scored 2 goals in its 1st 2 games. Whats happening Squeezy?

Mt Barker have scored 25 goals so far in 6 games.

Over half of those goals have come from their main striker. Kayne Stubing. Just over 2 goals a game is the average.

Stubing has scored 13 goals of the 25. This guy is talent.

He has scored in every league game this year whether they have won or lost.

He has scored in all their cup games. 8 goals in 2 games. Average 4 per game.

He even scored in the Super Cup final at the start of the year against Rostrevor.

Mt Barker is based around Stubing.

There are 2 ways to beat Mt Barker. 1 is to make sure this guy doesnt score. 2. Hope that Stubing is not taking part in the game for whatever reason.

22 goals in 9 games this year. A very talented player that Mt Barker would not want to loose.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

I missed the goal against Pembroke :oops:
The stats back the logic on Stubing BUT there are goals elsewhere when he isn't firing as the last 2 games show... He scored in both but wasn't on fire and others took over some of the burden... Always good to see a striker on form but they all go through ups and downs and the top teams have to find alternative goal scorers (which they all do to differing degree's)... Pay one key player too much attention and you may get pick pocketed elsewhere ;)

As for my attention to stats detail..... I will humbly fade into the ether!!
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

I wish I was at the game...of all the fixtures we had to be out at Woodside... From my reports it was an even game. Reds with a better 1st half, ROCSC stronger in the second. The winning goal was scored by a defender from the boot! Hard few weeks for ROCSC, cup replay Thurs then potentially another game Sat; with Unley the following fixture. Last year ROCSC only took 1 point from 6 against Unley & Mt Barker so definitely a challenge. Reds are a gd team & will be in the hunt all year.