Oh dear.....

nobody

Re: Oh dear.....

Post by nobody »

Hahahahahaha
Red card for swearing. If that was the case for every game then we would be lucky to finish any games on the weekend. Are we playing U10's.
Check the match sheet because there might be a spelling error, registration number error, player number error or the wrong pen used. This can then determine the game's result.
yak

Post by yak »

Some advice boys - tell your players to stop swearing. Pretty sure the Ref is within his rights to send you off for swearing.. found this on the internet.. so it must be true:

The pertinent regulation is Fifa's law 12 (Fouls and Misconduct), whose very last section – section 81 – simply says: "A player who is guilty of using offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures must be sent off."

Yes i've sworn before on the field & thus far have only once received a card for it (lucky me), but my point is, you're giving the referee an opportunity to lay down the law - don't be surprised when he does it.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

hanners wrote:Clubs should be able to score the refs when they complete their line ups..

3 or 4 questions on people management, rules, control etc and then the league can deal with the low scorers and praise the good ones with rewards etc..

Grade them from 1 to 3. Grade 1 should get say $120 a game. Team won't mind that if they know that grade 1 is dealing with their game.

Just a thought... But this is a world wide issue in all leagues..

:?
This is sort of happening now with the FFSA but the CSL are at the bottom of the chain on Saturdays.

The better referees are doing NPL and are getting paid more.

If you look at the referee lineups each week in the CSL, the lineup is about right.

The better referees are doing the higher Divs and the lower referees are doing the lower divs.

The CSL has grown into 6 Divisions. Div 1 and 2 referees should made get paid more as the games are harder.

Divs 3-6 should be on a a different rate.

The other major hurdle is that FFSA control payment amount to referees. If the CSL pay $120 per game then the FFSA will loose referees from the NPL.

Also money isnt everything, respecting officials goes along way. The CSL has lost many officials over the years due to this.

From my experience sometimes its easier to go referee junior games, get less money but when you leave the games you feel far better.

Even the Sunday masters give you good respect. Maybe its just this younger generation that is coming through that is the problem.

Always will be issues.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

I think it would be fine if a referee told players at the start that he would take a zero tolerance approach to swearing. If the ref lets some swearing go for 85 minutes but then loses his cool and decides to give a straight red for swearing then it is going to upset people.

In a perfect world no players should swear. But if a ref has common sense and speaks with players in a normal way then there will rarely be a need to issue red cards and abandon games.

I think there seem to be more referees with personality disorders these days. I don't think player behaviour has gotten any worse overall. Refs used to talk back to players and even swear at them. Now some of them are more likely to start crying, call a game off and get as much attention as possible.