Oh dear.....

Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Oh dear.....

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Just watched a DIv 6 game get abandoned with about 4-5 mins to go..
Game played in good spirits, no hassle, no problems until someone swore at a player and the ref gave a straight red.....
The player was exceptionally upset and continued the dialogue with the ref who then decided to abandon a docile game....
There will be commentators who will tell me the exact rules of the game were adhered to etc etc but if we have abandonment's for what I saw, we will struggle to finish the majority of games this season :(
I have the utmost respect for refs and will always back their decisions in terms of discipline but to abandon the game left all layers bewildered and frustrated.
I'm left befuddled..... The 21 players left on the pitch were robbed of an exciting end to a good game whilst the ref happily took his money and quoted rule after rule after rule in an awfully arrogant and supercilious manner better suited to netball umpiring quite frankly.
We will discipline the player red carded internally but am at a loss with where the game is going :(
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Re: Oh dear.....

Post by hanners »

Players are getting better and coached better. The refs seem to be going backwards... Money for nothing. Hands are tied.. No refs, no game. Some have never played the game and can't understand the players thoughts and some are power pissed and take a game of authority as a win in their own sad lives...

I'D rather pay more for quality..
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:Just watched a DIv 6 game get abandoned with about 4-5 mins to go..
Game played in good spirits, no hassle, no problems until someone swore at a player and the ref gave a straight red.....
The player was exceptionally upset and continued the dialogue with the ref who then decided to abandon a docile game....
There will be commentators who will tell me the exact rules of the game were adhered to etc etc but if we have abandonment's for what I saw, we will struggle to finish the majority of games this season :(
I have the utmost respect for refs and will always back their decisions in terms of discipline but to abandon the game left all layers bewildered and frustrated.
I'm left befuddled..... The 21 players left on the pitch were robbed of an exciting end to a good game whilst the ref happily took his money and quoted rule after rule after rule in an awfully arrogant and supercilious manner better suited to netball umpiring quite frankly.
We will discipline the player red carded internally but am at a loss with where the game is going :(
Don't worry. Just appeal the decision of the referee. CSL will tell you to come back on a week night and play out the last 5 mins at Burton with the 21 players that were on the field.

I presume this is all Rostevors fault as well.

Clearly this is a 3-0 win to Rostrevor who will then labelled chickens / losers etc because they take an easy win.

Have to stop here before I lose the plot totally.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

I think that Rostrevor spelt a name incorrectly on their match sheet, so a replay is called for.

On a more serious note, the referee for that game was the problem. No people skills. No understanding of the game. Several games had no official referees this week but they were probably better off. That ref must send people off every single game if he can't handle some swearing.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

chelsea wrote:
Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:Just watched a DIv 6 game get abandoned with about 4-5 mins to go..
Don't worry. Just appeal the decision of the referee. CSL will tell you to come back on a week night and play out the last 5 mins at Burton with the 21 players that were on the field.

I presume this is all Rostevors fault as well.

Clearly this is a 3-0 win to Rostrevor who will then labelled chickens / losers etc because they take an easy win.

Have to stop here before I lose the plot totally.
100% not Rostrevor's fault in any way, shape or size but I know what you mean ;)
Game could have gone either way and the real shame will come if Rostrevor are in the hunt for the Div 6 title and miss out based on this result.
I will also say that in the previous Div 5 game between the 2 sides, 3 players were sent off in the last 5 minsin a game that was played in great spirits, a result that was guarentee and no aggro or hassle till that point...... a good referee would have issued 1 max and even then, could have defused the hand bags and given all 3 a yellow.
Both teams will miss players next week based on a referee who interprets swearing as being a straight red without an warnings or conversations with players. By that logic, many teams will struggle to finish the games with 11 men with this approach and more importantly, the respect that Refs MUST be given is eroded by this approach.
I find it hard to bring players to task against this back drop and would think the 2 red cards for Rostrevor would also be hard to swallow....
Honestly feel like giving it all up on days like that :(
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:
100% not Rostrevor's fault in any way, shape or size but I know what you mean ;)
Game could have gone either way and the real shame will come if Rostrevor are in the hunt for the Div 6 title and miss out based on this result.
I will also say that in the previous Div 5 game between the 2 sides, 3 players were sent off in the last 5 minsin a game that was played in great spirits, a result that was guarentee and no aggro or hassle till that point...... a good referee would have issued 1 max and even then, could have defused the hand bags and given all 3 a yellow.
Both teams will miss players next week based on a referee who interprets swearing as being a straight red without an warnings or conversations with players. By that logic, many teams will struggle to finish the games with 11 men with this approach and more importantly, the respect that Refs MUST be given is eroded by this approach.
I find it hard to bring players to task against this back drop and would think the 2 red cards for Rostrevor would also be hard to swallow....
Honestly feel like giving it all up on days like that :(
This referee has been on the CSL committee radar for the last few weeks. He is causing the league issues.

I wont say much more as Squeezy did tell me in another post that its best to say nothing.

The thing that all clubs should do is submit a report about the official. That way a case can be built up.

But the referee definitely does belong in the lower divs and its hard to push him out if there is already a shortage.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

crusader_ wrote:I think that Rostrevor spelt a name incorrectly on their match sheet, so a replay is called for.

On a more serious note, the referee for that game was the problem. No people skills. No understanding of the game. Several games had no official referees this week but they were probably better off. That ref must send people off every single game if he can't handle some swearing.
A week before he sent off a Rostrevor player in the Div 6 game against Unley for the following.

Rostrevor player thought that the ball had gone over the line for a corner.
He yelled at the Linesmen to put your F*&^cken flag up.

Result - Straight Red.

As a referee, I would most likely spoken to the Rostrevor Player and warned him. Yellow at the most if the outrage was over the top.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

So What should happen with the result here Squeezy?

3-0 win to Rostrevor as the was abandoned due to Mt Barker player?

Draw - 0-0?

A win to Mt Barker because Rostrevor won all the other games on the day?

Wait for the CSL to make a finding? Even though I am clubless and on the CSL committee I will banned from the hearing.

Let me know Squeezy, then we can not waste volunteers time on this matter.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

In all honesty Chelsea I really don't know :(
If I thought for one second that the abandonment was in slightly warranted then I would say its a 3-0 result.
It really wasn't even close to an abandonment even though the player involved acted like a 'pork chop' and has acknowledged that this morning.
It was a really good game and was an even arm wrestle throughout with the last 5 mins shaping up to be a beauty for a Div 6 event.....
I don't know what the rules are for this sort of thing but our club view on Div6 is that its a social team and that the results aren't the reason we have a group there so there will be no whining whatever happens....
We will take the outcome without question and I'm much more concerned with the referee's view that he felt 'threatened' than the result as although the player was out of order, the referee's safety was never in question except in his his head, but I definitely don't want to to replay the game at Burton or anywhere ;)
Like I said to the Rostrevor captain who was very very level headed on the matter, I feel like you guys were robbed of the opportunity to win the game properly by a referee who prefers to show a red card than manage the players (which is why the whole thing went mental in the first place).
To answer your question directly, if the rules state its a draw because of the duration played then 0-0 it is.
If the rules state that the abandonment needs an inquiry from the league to determine the result, then lets go with the 3-0 forfeit and move on without the need for wasting any time.
Like every volunteer at every club, I'm feeling the strain on a regular basis and common sense should prevail ....
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Post by hanners »

Clubs should be able to score the refs when they complete their line ups..

3 or 4 questions on people management, rules, control etc and then the league can deal with the low scorers and praise the good ones with rewards etc..

Grade them from 1 to 3. Grade 1 should get say $120 a game. Team won't mind that if they know that grade 1 is dealing with their game.

Just a thought... But this is a world wide issue in all leagues..

:?