Historic achievement?

Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Historic achievement?

Post by Ross30 »

Well done to Rostrevor A's coach and players on 9 wins from their first 9 league games. I do not recall any team doing that in the top division of the CSL in the last 15 years or so. To concede only 2 goals along the way is very impressive too (with both goals having been scored at the Adelaide Uni grounds).

On several occassions Rostrevor have been at 0-0 at half time and against Grads Red they were 1-0 down at one stage, but they keep finding a way to win every time. Considering that there are virtually no easy games in division 1A anymore that is a great achievement.

Grads Red are having a very solid season themselves and are only 3 points behind, so the title race is far from over. But I suspect that Rostrevor have made history at the half-way point of the season.
chelsea

Re: Historic achievement?

Post by chelsea »

In my time with the CSL I dont think I have seen this happen. For a team to win the 1st 9 games is an achievement but the job is not done as the 2nd half of the season could bring out many twists and turns in the run for the championship.

A great effort from Grads Red to get 8 wins on the board and it looks like one of these teams will be the champions in 2015. Too many results would have to go in favour of the 3rd / 4th / 5th place teams for them to be champions.

Before the Super cup final at the start of the year I did say that the Rostrevor team has improved defensively from 2014 from what I could see in pre season.

I always believed that if you are to be in the running for a championship you need to concede less then one goal a game on average.

Rostrevor have conceded 2 and Grads Red have conceded 6. Both great achievements.

Well done to both of these set of players / coaches.

I believe both of these coaches are in the 2nd year at their clubs and I sure that they both would of learnt allot about their 1st year at their own clubs plus understanding the opposition so therefore they have both produced great results to date.

It will be a tight run home for both the teams.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

If only they could beat Windsor in the cup......couldn't put a goal past them in 180 minutes of football.

But a great league achievement nonetheless.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

I am sure I am not the only one who will be keen to see Windsor Gardens in division 1A next season, so we can then see if they can repeat their cup heroics on a regular basis in the league. As things stand, Windsor have scored as many goals against Rostrevor this season as the rest of their opponents combined! And they kept Rostrevor scoreless twice over 90 minutes when no-one else has been able to do that. However, Windsor have since drawn with their bogey team, Scotch, in a division 3 league match, so it's all swings and roundabouts.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Hmmm perhaps they peaked too early.

If Windsor were in Div 1, I reckon mid to low table.
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

That would be the best place for WG as they would then get a hard game most weeks and not the easy 3 rd grade C teams that they just flog for fun. Can't see the fun it that myself
nobody

Post by nobody »

It isn't fun and was never Windsors choice to play in Div 3.
This topic has only been going on for 4 years now.....boooooooring.