Should North City be allowed to get promoted?

wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Re: Should North City be allowed to get promoted?

Post by wojindows »

BB7 wrote:I don't think you need to not accept new teams. But a Div for 1 team clubs would be a great way of including new clubs with the ability to grow. If teams want to expand they can and they have somewhere to go ie Div 2.
(Forgetting the Windsor Gardens issue) Isn't the current situation better? ie. 1 team clubs are put in an appropriate division?

We have 3 in div 5 - if they do well, they'll go in to div 4, then div 3. If they decide to put in a second team, they go into div 2.

I don't see a benefit of putting them all in one div.
BB7 wrote:Lets not forget that there was a time when clubs were just starting out and having only 1 team was acceptable.
It still is acceptable. We've had 3 new teams in the past two years.
That's it!
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

My impression is that the CSL wants to target grow with promotion & relegation between two Divisions.
One team clubs are growing the league in Divs 3, 4 & 5. So not really achieving the objective.
Could put one team clubs in Div 2 and have byes for ressies?
I like this idea as it keeps Div 3 for Clubs 3rd team, Div 4 for 4th teams etc..
Plus should a single team club win promotion to Div 1 it may help get players..
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

That's true; If they don't do well enough in div 5 to move up, then it would be hard to attract players for a second team.
That's it!
BB7

Post by BB7 »

Agreed but that should be the objective! to get into Div 1A. If there is no objective to grow to 2 teams and get in to the top division then we are straight back to where we were. ie 3rd place getters being promoted. it is not fair for clubs 5th teams playing against a first team, ie Blackwood, Woodside, and St Pauls. As it turns out they aren't dominating these leagues so it only brings us back to Windsor and Scotch.

I think the league just needs to make a decision on all possible outcomes and stick with it. Example. Windsor plays in Div 2A with a bye for 2B. This would bring the possibility of Windsor winning the league in Div 2 and being promoted to Div 1. This is a reasonable (and probable) outcome. So, the Question is, 'Is this acceptable?' If it is then "Happy Days" if not something else needs to happen!

You can't have a competition with different rules for different clubs! This is not a crack at Windsor! I don't have any problem with them as a club. What has happened to them this year has not been ideal either. They are playing against inferior opposition every week. It is just a simple example of what could happen and has happened in the past. And the league could look at these scenarios and make a decision, Which they have and get on with it.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Windsor Gardens took out Div 2A last year, the year before that they finished runners up. The league should have seen this as the balancing point for them and left them there. Instead, they take out Div 2 and are demoted to Div 3 just so all the schedules work out.

In my opinion, the league made a stupid decision to move them to Div 3. What's the big deal including 1 team clubs in both Div 1 and Div 2. For example, if Windsor or Scotch or whoever were in Div 1 and made it an uneven number, make a bye each week. If they were in Div 2 make it a bye each week.

The decision should have been made a long time ago and its the same old f**kin story.

If North City finish top, they should get promoted. Promotion rules should stand ALWAYS
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

100% agree. Windsor seem to cop it unfairly.
yak

Post by yak »

I agree... Whoever the best team is in Div 2, goes up to Div 1. If there's a bye, so be it.

Mind you - we should also be doing something to make these clubs 2 team clubs.. It does make scheduling easier.