Round 12 - 1A - After the break

chelsea

Round 12 - 1A - After the break

Post by chelsea »

This is the toughest round to pick winners in 1A. Some teams have had a 2 week break. 4 teams only had a 1 week break and played their cup game either last Saturday or Tuesday night.

Its back to the starting block for some teams and any momentum that they had before the break has gone out the window.

Will the break help a team or will it make their title chase a bit harder?

Personally I think the 4 teams that played last week will have a slight advantage. Come this Saturday there will be 6 teams that walk out after not playing for 2 weekends which equals 3 weeks between games.

The 4 teams that played last week will all play teams that have had 3 weeks off.

I look forward to the results and to see whether teams came back sharp or sluggish.

Game of the round this week is Grads Blue v Pulteney. Must win for Grads Blue to avoid relegation.

Mercedes v Unley
Pembroke v Rostrevor
Sacred Heart v Grads Red
Uni White v Mt Barker.

Too hard to tip and I don't know what to expect after the break.

Good luck to all.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Re: Round 12 - 1A - After the break

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Totally agree... my team had 2 weeks off before the cup round and nearly slipped up after looking half asleep for the first 20 mins.... maybe it was the long journey ;) but I reckon a couple of weeks off has an effect.... their opponents had played a few days earlier and were less..... asleep.
Big round, potential for slow starts and its that time of year when teams seem to get short of avaialble players.....
Grads Blue v Pulteney. - Pulteney to win
Mercedes v Unley - DRAW
Pembroke v Rostrevor DRAW
Sacred Heart v Grads Red - Grads Red
Uni White v Mt Barker. - DRAW
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Post by hanners »

How come Pembroke B play and then call off the A grade!!
the pitch should have been left alone for the A grade that should always take preference over all grades.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

hanners wrote:How come Pembroke B play and then call off the A grade!!
the pitch should have been left alone for the A grade that should always take preference over all grades.
The game was played on a small pitch. No suitable for a Div 1 fixture.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I agree with this hanners but there was more to it in this case. The 2 main pitches at Pembroke were unplayable. On the 3rd pitch where their Div 5 normally plays the pitch is sized very poorly. Has the length but I think it must be the narrowest pitch in the league. Pembroke did want the pitch made wider but who ever controls those grounds didnt want too. Council i think in this case. I guess that is why only their Div 5 play on it.

The 1b game could have easily been postponed. Rostrevor were keen to play and after a pitch inspection and discussions between the coaches the game went ahead. How ever if either of the coaches didnt agree there could be no blaming them in the top of the table fixture if the game wasnt played.

Rostrevor went 1-0 up.
Pembroke 2-1 at half time.
Pembroke 4-1 at full time.

Same pitch for both teams. Same conditions for both. Pembroke were far more hungry for the win and deserved the win to keep their chances alive in 1B.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Have said it a few times over my years but sometimes it would be better to play 1A at 1pm on a fresh pitch and therefore make decisions easier sometimes. Main game 1st followed by reserves if pitch can take it.

Busy day for CSL committee. I had close to 20 calls in/out before 1230pm. Other members had calls / messages coming in as well.

These days are not enjoyable at all. If only the rain came 24 hours later.

Not sure if I have a headache from all the calls or from listening to my kids when the the phone rang.

Kids screaming - Dad, your phone is ringing again, who is it? It's not about soccer again is it?