Uni SA

Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Uni SA

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Text receive about an hour before kick off to forfeit their Div 4 game..... Ref, pitch and players committed and then they pull out at the last minute...
We honoured the ref payment as its not his fault but what a load of cobblers from the Uni SA Div 4 mob.....
I am hoping they forfeited their Div 5 and 6 games as well otherwise the league needs to throw the book at them for a late forfeit.
Maybe not enough players if the 200 unregistered cant play ;)
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Re: Uni SA

Post by Brendan »

Looking at the website, it says 4,5,6 were forfeits, where as 2a,2b went ahead.
mik1
Current Club: mt barker

Post by mik1 »

I would like more than a book thrown at them for their very late forfeit.An empty three points and wasted sat afternoon for my team- not acceptable.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

Utter Bull s**t...
Did they have so many unregistered that they could only get 2 teams out??
Sounds like a sook over the point deductions but hopefully the CSL rules come inoi play and they are fined the amount for the 'on day forfeit'.
Time for the clubs (not the CSL as they cannot be responsible for this part BUT are responsible for how its dealt with) to decide how we should deal with the situations like this and develop a level of integrity that is clear for all new and existing clubs.
I have been a supporter of growth but I reckon we have hit the ceiling where we need to take a breath and work out whats best for the league in the long run... Might be time to slow the growth down and work on quality as well as quantity.
The key is good organisation and most clubs are excellent at this.... UniSA have been bobbins for a few years and have had zero responsibility for the multiple walk offs, unrego'd players, attacks on players, intimidation of refs etc.....
They can take a running jump if they think I'm going down their place in a few weeks after this weeks shambles... I may text them an hour before to let them know... R'aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Agreed,

When I started playing Collegiate League 10 years ago, there were 3 divisions.

The league needs to stop being so greedy and focus on quality.

Now it's quite ridiculous.

In my opinion, limit clubs to 3 teams max.
mik1
Current Club: mt barker

Post by mik1 »

Uni Sa shouldnt be allowed to have so many teams next season - if they cant fulfil their responsibilities with 5 teams then this needs to be looked at.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

divineponytail wrote:Agreed,

When I started playing Collegiate League 10 years ago, there were 3 divisions.

The league needs to stop being so greedy and focus on quality.

Now it's quite ridiculous.

In my opinion, limit clubs to 3 teams max.
The league was never greedy. Unfortunately the league grew but in the wrong way and this can be debatable. We needed more new clubs with 2-3 teams instead of clubs going from 3 teams to 6. The clubs that have grown must be doing something right and are providing a service to many players so in one way that is positive.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

mik1 wrote:Uni Sa shouldnt be allowed to have so many teams next season - if they cant fulfil their responsibilities with 5 teams then this needs to be looked at.
2 teams max in my opinion. Unisa need to start again. Just imagine building a house with out a solid foundation. It will work for a while but will come crashing down at some stage.
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

yeah 2 teams I think. They seem to be ok with 2a, 2b but the rest have a lot to answer for
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

Can anyone shed an light on UniSA's games this coming weekend??
Would be nice if we could plan our weekend beyond 60 mins before kick off.

Uni SA teams next year..... I would kick them out all together to make a point / stand. The players will be recycled through other teams or maybe other leagues so won't be the end of the world.

Also, Can the full extent of the 'punishment' be made clear... It should be fines as well as points.
The rules are either enforced or they are not... A precedent was set last season and its being set again as we speak.....
Over Uni Sa and won't be gracing their pitches or games any time soon