Assoc Challenge

katsouranis3

Assoc Challenge

Post by katsouranis3 »

just noticed in the drop down box under fixtures, results and stats I noticed Assoc Challenge, can anyone shed some light on this?

cheers.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Re: Assoc Challenge

Post by wojindows »

Association Challenge - winners of the different FFSA associations played off in 2012. It's a hangover from when I moved match data from the Uni Whites database to the new CSL one. I guess I should remove it at some point!
That's it!
katsouranis3

Post by katsouranis3 »

fair enough, any chance of it making a comeback at some point?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

katsouranis3 wrote:fair enough, any chance of it making a comeback at some point?
Most likely not as in the past few years it has been more problems then good.

Was played over October long weekend. Teams had to play 3-5 games over 2 days.

Many players away and clubs have had enough by the time October comes.

In 2016 it would be great to see the top few sides in 1A enter the FFA Cup.

Unley entered in 2015 and were the only CSL side to do so.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Forgot to add. The concept was fine but it would of worked better to have it at the start of the year. Use it as a preseason warmup.
katsouranis3

Post by katsouranis3 »

yeah they're all valid points.

in regards to the FFA cup I guess not a lot of CSL clubs are entering cos of the knowing that they'll get knocked straight away. but I guess they'll never know unless they enter it.
roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

Post by roswil »

A 99.999999% chance that a CSL side will not win the FFSA Cup.

However, this year Unley made it past the first round of the competition (beating Barmara SC 1-2). After the game, all players and spectators had a few beers and enjoyed a great afternoon at a Club that they would never have played against - a great experience.

Leading up to the draw and the match, there was a great buzz around Unley knowing we were part of a national competition. Great exposure (both for the Club and League) and the ‘what if we win’ thought were always in the back of our minds.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 7289565096

Although the CSL would be the lowest ranked teams entering into Cup, I reckon a lot of Div. 1 sides can match it with some of the other Associations (Broken Hill, Port Lincoln, Riverland, Yorke Peninsula and Western Border). Obviously, if a CSL side draws a NPL, State League and State League 1 side, and the match is probably going to be one sided.

I also reckon more and more Association Clubs will be entering the competition which may give a CSL side a better chance of progressing to the next round.

Fun Fact: To date, Unley have scored more goals in the FFA Cup than Western Sydney Wanders.

Get involved!