Can we call it? - Invincibles

boots
Current Club: Blacks

Can we call it? - Invincibles

Post by boots »

Too early to call? Will Rostrevor be the CSL invincibles and go undefeated for the rest of the season?
roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

Re: Can we call it? - Invincibles

Post by roswil »

They have three Away games (in a row) plus Grads Red at home. It's a tough call.. but I'm sure if they get past this week, they'll do it.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

roswil wrote:They have three Away games (in a row) plus Grads Red at home. It's a tough call.. but I'm sure if they get past this week, they'll do it.
Surprised someone from Windsor hasnt jumped all of this already to point out cup loss.
As Roswil said tough games ahead Mt Barker away in particular. Dont think our As have won there before?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

boots wrote:Too early to call? Will Windsor be the CSL invincibles and go undefeated for the rest of the season?
Windsor for the Cup.
StevenMann
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by StevenMann »

A quick look back through the Div 1A tables on the website (only goes back to 2003) shows that Mercedes was the last team to win the Div 1A title with an undefeated season. In the 22-match 2003 season they went 17-4-0. Not a typo there, only a couple of teams completed the whole 22 matches, so the chance of an asterisk next to this achievement, as they didn't play one of the scheduled matches for that season. An impressive feat nonetheless.

http://www.collegiatesoccerleague.com.a ... mit=Filter
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

That MOCSC team we unbelievable. Didn't they win 4 Div 1 titles in a row?
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

No, Uni Whites won in 2000/2001 ;)
That's it!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

INTERISTA wrote:That MOCSC team we unbelievable. Didn't they win 4 Div 1 titles in a row?
DIVISION 1A Champions
2002 Mercedes
2003 Mercedes
2007 Mercedes
2008 Mercedes
2009 Mercedes

They never won 4 in a row but had plenty of success. For every time they won a championship I lost one.

We had plenty of great games against them. We won probably half of them but they knew how to do the job over the whole season.

2009 should have read Rostrevor.3 games to go. Sitting top and playing Mercedes away. A draw would of been fine for us. They won through an error from us 1-0 and went top.

All I can hope for now is that Rostrevor win as many championships as Mercedes did in the period of time.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Haha here's hoping ROCSC can make you happy.
When you stack them all up together like that its a mighty impressive record for MOCSC. Theyve won the most titles I assume?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

chelsea wrote:
boots wrote:Too early to call? Will Windsor be the CSL invincibles and go undefeated for the rest of the season?
Windsor for the Cup.
My tip is still there.