Can we call it? - Invincibles

chelsea

Re: Can we call it? - Invincibles

Post by chelsea »

chelsea wrote:
boots wrote:Too early to call? Will Windsor be the CSL invincibles and go undefeated for the rest of the season?
Windsor for the Cup.
My tip is still hanging in there after Rostrevor lost last night.
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Post by dash riprock »

Just for dramatic effect and a little bit of winding up....
Windsor not to go the season undefeated either...
They will lose at Uni Whites on the last day of the season OR the cup... They can pick which one!
My prediction is Rostrevor to wrap title up this weekend
Windsor to lose against Uni Whites on last game of season and may be pick up a suspension or two for the final BUT
Windsor to edge the final against Pembroke IF its decided in normal time OR Pembroke to win if it goes past 90 mins.
As for anyone calling themselves Invincible s.... Asking to be wound up ;)
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Sacred Heart and Uni Whites undefeated in Div 4 - invincible? :lol:
That's it!
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

Relax guys - just a bit of banter. I was the one who raised it - not from Windsor - nor from Rostrevor.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Yeah you raised it Boots, but no one was from Rostrevor putting it to bed.

Just a bit of friendly banter.

Interestingly enough, Windsor played Pembroke on the weekend with half of their team being filled from the A's. It was a 1-1 encounter, Pembroke celebrated the draw as if they took out the Div 1 title.

Well done boys, a draw is an impressive result and what we all get up Saturday morning to play for.
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

download.jpg
download.jpg (6.82 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

divineponytail wrote:Yeah you raised it Boots, but no one was from Rostrevor putting it to bed.

Just a bit of friendly banter.

Interestingly enough, Windsor played Pembroke on the weekend with half of their team being filled from the A's. It was a 1-1 encounter, Pembroke celebrated the draw as if they took out the Div 1 title.

Well done boys, a draw is an impressive result and what we all get up Saturday morning to play for.
Ponytail. You are losing it. Get your facts right. I compared the Div 3 team lineup to the Pembroke 1A lineup that beat Rostrevor.

There is only 1 player that took part in both games. Far from half the team. The guys you played are a 3rd team. They got a draw from a cup finalist.

I was also told that Windsor missed a penalty in the last minute to win the game. Pembroke keeper saved it and then the final whistle went straight away.

Maybe they were celebrating the draw because the keeper just saved a penalty as well and prevented a lose.

Anyway I had a similar comment made by another player from another club and after checking it all out, all looked good.

In conclusion many of the Pembroke players in the As must look similar to the guys in the Bs / Cs or where ever else.
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Post by dash riprock »

That is Windsor A's anyway so Pembroke were just keeping it 'real' maybe ;)
God forbid a club moved players around aligned to the fixture list / availability / because they can... the Constitution needs an urgent re-write ;)
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Just went fishing, took Chelsea hook line and sinker.

What a catch !
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

divineponytail wrote:Just went fishing, took Chelsea hook line and sinker.

What a catch !
I dont believe you went fishing. Just back tracking now to make it look like you went fishing.

Good luck on the weekend.