CSL clubs affiliating with FFSA teams

dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

CSL clubs affiliating with FFSA teams

Post by dash riprock »

Just read the report about Unley affiliating with Adelaide City!!
Sounds like it could be a good thing if Unley can get any leverage from the relationship and if you are going to do it, do it with one of the biggest!
I remember Pulteney having a tie up with Cumberland a year ago - not sure how that went or if its still happening but I thought the idea at the time was a good one.
What are the CSL rules on loaning players from FFSA clubs into CSL teams? I seem to remember a conversation years back about being bale to loan in FFSA players for a short term? Is that still in place or was I dreaming I heard it?
Anwway, I reckon the closer the ties with the FFSA clubs the better and the stronger the footballing clubs become as a result.
I will grab a bag of popccorn, sit back and watch how the Unley, Mount Barker and Pulteney experiments go and wishing all of them well in broadening the base of soccer. It shows the vision and direction of some of the clubs in trying to extend / develop their offerings and can only be good for the CSL in the long term as it will develop more formal pathways into the Collegiate leagues.
chelsea

Re: CSL clubs affiliating with FFSA teams

Post by chelsea »

Adelaide City FC Partner Unley Old Scholars FC

Adelaide City FC is pleased to announce the affiliation with Collegiate Soccer League outfit, Unley Old Scholars Football Club. In a year of positive development, the building of this alliance is another constructive move. The partnership will bring a range of benefits to both organisations.

Known as the Unley Rangers, the club has been in existence since 1998, and during that time they have been consistently competitive performers having won the Cup twice and taken out multiple championships across the divisions. Fielding teams in all six grades, they are also one of the biggest Collegiate Soccer League outfits with over 100 registered players. Unley Rangers were the only CSL club to enter the Westfield FFA cup in 2015 progressing through to round two where they fell to NPL outfit, Adelaide Comets.

Football Committee Chairman, Alf Ianniello expressed his enthusiasm for the partnership. “The Rangers complement City’s competitive characteristics, winning attitude and successful performance on and off the field. They will bring new members to the club and provide additional football pathways, and more opportunities for our players to keep playing within the Adelaide City Football Club family.”

The partnership will see the Rangers’ shift home grounds to the Adelaide City FC facility on Unley Road, building upon the community feel and bond the Adelaide City FC juniors have established there.

Unley Rangers’ President Daniel Porter was equally buoyant. “Both clubs have strong ties with the local communities and this will only strengthen these links. Both sets of sponsors will enjoy greater exposure, our players access to more playing pathways and improved facilities and the overall culture of the club will be strengthened through the transition to the Adelaide City FC junior grounds.”

Adelaide City FC is very pleased to welcome Unley Rangers to the Adelaide City Football Club family.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

dash riprock wrote:What are the CSL rules on loaning players from FFSA clubs into CSL teams? I seem to remember a conversation years back about being able to loan in FFSA players for a short term? Is that still in place or was I dreaming I heard it?
I'd be interested to know if this was true. We had a player training with us in July, who had left an FFSA club in June. The CSL said he couldn't play for us...
That's it!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

All these things can be done but need to be done before 30th June. Player movement / loans etc.

CSL has rejected approx 6 requests for players that wanted to come across from FFSA after 30th June.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Ok, makes sense if it's all consistent.
That's it!
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

There was a suggestion at a CSL meeting a few years ago in relation to permitting players from Federation clubs to be loaned to CSL clubs. That idea never got off the ground and hopefully it never does.

Players cannot be registered for two separate clubs at the same time and, under the current rules, after 30 June each year players effectively cannot join a CSL club if they've already played for a Federation club that season.

I'm not sure if the relationship between Unley and Adelaide City will amount to anything more than ground-sharing, so at this stage I can't comment at all on any permeations of that relationship. However, we already know of Mt Barker's intention to join the State League and to keep fielding teams in the CSL too. And the CSL has been approached by at least one other Federation club about the prospect of fielding teams in the CSL in 2016.

If a CSL club has links with or is part of a Federation club next season then I suspect that the abovementioned rules will mean that players will need to be registered with one entity or the other (not both) and that they would need to de-register from one club before registering and playing for the other. And from 30 June onwards they would need to stay with one club for the rest of the season. For example, in Mt Barker's case, though a final decision is yet to be made, I think they will need to have two separate entities - Mt Barker CSL and Mt Barker State League - and I suspect it will not be straightforward for players to regularly move backwards and forwards between the two entities. Further, if their State League teams don't make the finals, I don't envisage that the players from those teams will be permitted to play the last month or so of the CSL season.

There will be many other administrative issues to consider, I'm sure, and there may be a need to review some of the CSL's rules to accommodate or respond to new scenarios.
BB7

Post by BB7 »

I was recently told that the CSL could not stop players from being registered with more than one club. Is this just between amateur and csl comps. Or is this accross the board? I have been given different and opposite answers to the question "can a player be regisyered for 2 clubs at the same time?"

Does anyone know the aswer to this?
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

I think the matter BB7 is referring to involves players playing in the CSL on a Saturday and then in an SAASL team on a Sunday. At a practical level there is nothing we can do to prevent that. You can't be registered for two different FFSA/FFA affiliiated clubs at the same time. But the SAASL has no relationship with FFSA or the CSL. From FFSA's perspective you don't exist unless you are registered for a club affiliated with them.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Does this now mean that Pembroke v Unley will become the local derby?

Pembroke will be happy to have Unley just down the Road. Most other clubs will be happy as well as Unley will be closer to them.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Just in relation to Ross point of a Fed Club enquiring about fielding teams in the CSL. Would this work? I'm assuming the Fed Club doesn't have an affiliated College or school?
Would we need to change rules / name of the league in order to accommodate the Fed Club?