Congratulations

dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Congratulations

Post by dash riprock »

Bit quiet on here but congratulations to Rostrevor on picking up the Div 1A title with 2 games to play.....
Its been a one horse race in all honesty for a while but a team that goes 14 games unbeaten is always going to be tough to catch!!
Also congrats to their Div 5 side on wrapping up that title as well :)
Two titles is no mean feat when you have 6 teams and shows a great deal of depth.
Some of the other leagues will go to the wire and it will be a great last weekend in 1B, 2A and 2B with the odd point covering the top 2 or three in each....
Odds are that Div 3, 4 and Div 6 will go the way of the top placed teams (Windsor, SHOC and Westminster respectively) but its never a done deal ;)
Its been a good season and looking forward to seeing Windsor in Div 1A next season :shock:
chelsea

Re: Congratulations

Post by chelsea »

I think if Rostrevor lost on the weekend there would of been a bit more noise on here from some.

Congratulations to Rostrevor. 1A Champions for 2015. Back to back. Great achievement.

These things just dont happen without the work of a very large number of people.

Firstly the President of the ROCSC, ( Sam I) and his committee do allot of work in the background to set things up for the club. Looking after 6 teams and 112 registered players isnt a walk in the park. Everyone does there bit to keep the club ticking. It never ticks like a swiss watch but considering they are all volunteers they do a very good job. All the coaches from Div 6 up all play their role in making the club successful. With out these teams the club would not have the depth at its disposal.

The 1A team is coached by Donny D. 2 years at the club and 2 championships. Has a very solid background as a player and coach and gets the best out of his players. The team has some strict rules. One of them is they must attend training to play. Last week before the Pembroke mid week game the team trained on Monday night. The CAPTAIN didnt attend training. He did have very good reasons not to attend but nevertheless was put on the bench for the Pembroke game. I would not see too many coaches doing that and there are no gold passes in the team. All the players buy into the rules and I guess after 2 years you see the results.

Well done to all the players involved this year. It was a tight group. Only 19 players made an appearance in the 1A side so far.

Hopefully the team can finish off strong in the remaining 2 games.

Well done to the Div 5 team for winning their championship. A very good achievement considering they play St Pauls / Blackwood / Woodside 1st teams in their divsion

Well done to the whole club. 1A champions in 2015.

That was Rostrevors 8th 1A title. 1 more to catch Mercedes who have 9 titles.

Hopefully the team stick together and come back in 2016.

Rostrevor - Celebrating 35 years in 2015. Best way to celebrate is a 1A championship.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Re: Congtulations

Post by Ross30 »

Congratulations to the Rostrevor players, coaches and committee on securing the div 1A and div 5 titles. Chelsea summed things up very well. You guys have 6 teams and are in the top few teams in every division you are contesting, which is very impressive. But trophies are what it's all about and you've now won 4 in two seasons, with the potential to still win more this season. Going back-to-back in 1A is a huge achievement too. You won last year and then got better, which is not easy to do. Well done indeed.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Congrats to Rostrevor 1A's. Fantastic job on going back to back.

Interesting about the non-training rule. I totally agree with that, and making sure that players buy into that is important for ensuring all players are treated equally. No single player is bigger than any football club itself.

Donny has done a great job taking the guys to titles in his two years in the job.

All the best for Season 2016 - enjoy the celebrations.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Congratulations Rostrevor 1A Champions. Definitely the best team all year and a well deserved.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Last weekend was awesome. Thanks for the congrats. Its very much appreciated. Were very lucky to have a group of players who are not only talented but are highly motivated!

A lot of that is down to DD he has done a fantastic job keeping the group focused over the past two years. Hes also brought in some really great young players (helps when your their bro in law :)) Hes done a lot to change the mentality of the Club.
SILENT P
Current Club: Rostrevor

Post by SILENT P »

Thanks for the congratulations and best wishes.

It has been a great time at ROCS and have enjoyed every minute. I would have to thank everyone at the club for their help (especially Sam the president, Damo the B's coach and Moz (the best club man)). The players were fantastic and they got the job done with no complaints (ok, maybe some!!)

Thanks again :D
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

SILENT P wrote:Thanks for the congratulations and best wishes.

It has been a great time at ROCS and have enjoyed every minute. I would have to thank everyone at the club for their help (especially Sam the president, Damo the B's coach and Moz (the best club man)). The players were fantastic and they got the job done with no complaints (ok, maybe some!!)

Thanks again :D
Many more great times ahead still if the coach stays. I guess he will be going through all the offers for 2016 soon. Dont sign anything too soon.
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

Congrats Rostrevor on the title! Sorry, was out of the office yesterday otherwise I would have been prompt!

Well deserved and winning the league by a mile - shame you couldn't go undefeated - was hoping you guys could do it. Nonetheless, a special team and by the sounds of it - with a special spirit - that's the hardest thing to achieve at any club.

Also surprised to hear about the no train no play rule actually being in effect - have played under coaches who preach that but it goes straight out of the window in Round 1.
roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

Post by roswil »

Congratulations to Rostrevor Div. 1 side.

It’s been stated here before, but the Club has set the bench mark for 2015. I’ve always respected them on and off the field with their professionalism.

They join Sacred Heart and Mercedes in recent years to win Div. 1 back to back Premiership too. No easy feat considering the standard the CSL has grown.

Also, well done to their Div. 5 side who have wrapped up the title with a few weeks to go. I think Pembroke, Mercedes and Sacred Heart are the only other Clubs to win multiple Premierships in one season (not including the Cup). I remember back a few years ago Mercedes and Pembroke winning three title in one season on a few occasions - (something Rostrevor can still achieve this year). It seems when it rains, it pours for the big Clubs.

Well done again, and good luck to the other Clubs who are still in the hunt for some glory this season.