CSL CUP FINAL

divineponytail

CSL CUP FINAL

Post by divineponytail »

Ok lads,

To all the Windsor haters and the Pembroke lovers.....

Let's hear your predictions for the final this weekend.
chelsea

Re: CSL CUP FINAL

Post by chelsea »

divineponytail wrote:Ok lads,

To all the Windsor haters and the Pembroke lovers.....

Let's hear your predictions for the final this weekend.
Come on Ponytail, you can do better than this. When I get a moment I will write something up.

But to answer your question,

Windsor haters want Pembroke to win.

Pembroke lovers want Pembroke to win.
acmilan

Post by acmilan »

If they put pressure on you from the first minute and score first I think they might be chance. They are a very hard working team. However with Gino in goal and some experience at the back might be enough to hold them out. Just be prepared to run.
yak

Post by yak »

Where's it being played? Pembroke should hope for a big pitch & run them off their legs (if they can).
Windsor have some bloody good players though, seem to be able to score at will..
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

yak wrote:Where's it being played? Pembroke should hope for a big pitch & run them off their legs (if they can).
Windsor have some bloody good players though, seem to be able to score at will..
Adelaide Shores Football Complex - West Beach - Saturday 26th - 230pm kickoff.

Both teams won their semi finals on the same pitch.

Pembroke beat Rostrevor on this pitch.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Is this the artificial pitch?
That's it!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

wojindows wrote:Is this the artificial pitch?
Correct. Artificial pitch.
Piker

Post by Piker »

Pretty sure Windsor will get an exact repeat of their semi final a few weeks back. No doubt are a better footballing team than their opponents and will hold the ball and most of the cards in the first 30-45.

But 90 mins on a big deck is a long day against whippets who will press for the full 90 so anticipate the old cliche 'a game of two halves' to run true on this one

Prediction
Windsor to go up early and pembroke to peg them back late and the divine ponytail to step up and hit a winning goal late in ET or the decisive penalty...
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I think these sides may have only met once before.Going back to 2007 in round 2 of the cup. On that day Pembroke won 6-0. Could a similar scoreline occur 8 years later? Most likely not but stranger things have happened.

These are the only 2 teams that beat Rostrevor this year so it promises to be a good shoot out. Each team has its positives and negatives.

Pembroke's average age will be approximately 10 years less then Windsor. They are the fittest team in the league. If the game does go to extra time this will be one advantage that they will hold.

Pembroke have a good structure but Windsor have a very good structure. Windsor hold their lines and positions very well. It will be difficult for Pembroke to break through these lines without leaving themselves too exposed when things break down.

At the back Windsor have an advantage as they have a very experienced keeper. You could add up all the keepers in the CSL and they wouldnt beat him in experience. He came to Windsor to play on the field and he is pretty good for a keeper but to win the cup they have had to play him in goals. Not sure what they promised him for his efforts.

It is going to be a very interesting battle. I can see both teams winning this game if they are able to stay structured and concentrate for 90 mins.

The 1st goal will play a big part. I think who ever does score 1st will most likely win the game. It will allow the team that scored to sit back and hit on the breaks.

I am expecting a slow start to the game by both teams. Both will be cautious. Sometimes I think it might pay to go out hard and take the gamble to get that first goal early as it can rattle the other team.

Unfortunately mistakes will happen. Hopefully no major mistakes by individuals at critical times as this change the whole game.

In my previous posts I have tipped Windsor to win it. I will stick with that tip.

Windsor to score 1st. 1-0 at halftime. 2-1 the final score.

Good luck to both teams. Both capable of winning the cup.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Good analysis Chelsea, and thanks for your support.

You've labelled Pembroke as the fittest team in the league which may be a concern. BUT

The great Divine Ponytail (Roberto Baggio) once said "It's better to have ten disorganized players then ten organized runners"

Each team seems to adopt the "let's run the old bastards off their feet" strategy but this has never really worked. If Pembroke have done their home work and if their coach wants results he should know how to play them. Not many teams know how to break down a full strength Windsor but I have experienced the teams that do.

So I guess it comes down to what wins games...

Experience or fitness ?