2015 B&F Contenders - Top 10

chelsea

2015 B&F Contenders - Top 10

Post by chelsea »

**A player that has been sent off in 2015 in that particular division is ineligible for the B&F for that division**

Best & Fairest Contenders 2015

Division 1A

Grads Blue Dion Bonifazio
Mercedes Alex Corcoran
Mt Barker Daniel Ames
Mt Barker Kayne Stubing
Pembroke Michael Case
Pembroke Richard Eston
Rostrevor George Belekas
Rostrevor Stefan Forte
Sacred Heart Lee Travis
Unley Shaun Smith

Division 1B

Grads Red David Michael
Grads Red Thomas Martin
Pembroke Carmine Perrotta
Pembroke Zachariah Mildren
Rostrevor Adam Pedron
Rostrevor Domenic Musolino
Rostrevor Nicholas Mazzone
Uni White Alan Evans
Uni White Alexander Makridis
Unley Clayton Parks

Division 2A

CBC Greg Kostopoulos
Immanuel Ayman Al-nassri
Immanuel Lewis Garnett
North City Arsene Iribuka
North City Dievie Irakiza
North City Leonard Habonimana
Norwood Josh Fullgrabe
Thebarton Victor Claye
Uni SA Rasmus Brandstrup
Westminster Daniel Bousfield

Division 2B

CBC James Pipinis
Immanuel Jordan Benevides
North City Jackson Misago
Norwood Andy Tirimacco
Norwood Paul Silvestri
Thebarton Hosea Issa
Thebarton Baset Hussaini
Thebarton Alain Bonimpa
Westminster Zyggy Kulesza
Westminster Hamish Holland

Division 3

Mercedes Ash Hemraj
Pembroke Chris Innes-Wong
Pembroke Lucas Schmidt
Rostrevor Jack Scoot
Uni White Damien Holoubek
Uni White Ian Hendrie
Uni White Liam Mulligan
Windsor Gdns Anthony Puccini
Windsor Gdns Jamie Carbone
Windsor Gdns Vincenzo Esposito

Division 4

Immanuel David McCouaig
Immanuel Timothy Day
Mercedes Carlos Beteta
Mt Barker Nathan Hatswell
Pembroke Dominic Wiseman
Rostrevor Franc Totani
Sacred Heart Shannon Desilva
Uni SA Jinlin Chu
Uni SA Bin Wang
Uni White Rob Alberton

Division 5

Blackwood Angus Baker
Blackwood Sam Williamson
Immanuel John Zoumis
Pulteney Andrew Chapman
Rostrevor Adam D’Aloia
Rostrevor David Colangelo
Rostrevor Joseph Zerella
St Pauls Daniel Gartner
St Pauls Michael Romeo
Unley Simon Smith

Division 6

Grads Blue Andrew Fragnito
Immanuel Mark Olaiya
Mt Barker Carl Ian Engley
Norwood Aaron Deanshaw
Norwood Jeb Pfitzner
Rostrevor Daniel Rescignano
Rostrevor Phillip Paradiso
Westminster Asghar Yosufi
Westminster David Williams
Westminster Geoffrey Raven
Messi#10
Current Club: Sacred Heart

Re: 2015 B&F Contenders - Top 10

Post by Messi#10 »

I'm just curious how 2x Uni SA players in Division 4 can be eligible for that league's Best & Fairest despite their problems this season. I'm sure I read (when the email went out to us about their points deductions earlier) that they would not be eligible for any individual awards?

One of those Uni SA players was also sent off in a cup fixture so I'm not sure what the difference is?

The reason I'm asking is our captain & striker at Sacred Heart in Div 4 was (in our opinion) un-fairly sent off in the Round 18 clash against Mt. Barker. Despite being clattered into from behind & then pushed back down when he tried to get up is therefore in-eligible for the B&F. If we knew the repercussions of it at that time we would've appealed. Not saying he would win it but seems a bit unfair & confusing.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Messi#10, you are correct that any B&F votes won by Uni SA players in games where they fielded unregistered players (and therefore lost via forfeit) were not to be counted. This may mean that the Uni SA players have been included in the list of contenders by mistake. I did not do the vote count for division 4, so I'm not sure either way, but if they accumulated enough votes in the last part of the season (when all the Uni SA players were registered) then they would be eligible to win the award or make the top 10.

If a player is sent off in the cup I honestly have no idea whether this rules them out of contention for the league B&F award. I suspect it does not. I'm not sure we've ever had to deal with that sitaution before.

A red card in a league game certainly does rule someone out of contention for a league B&F award, as has always been the case. It sounds like the Sacred Heart division 4 captain has been unlucky in that regard, but I note that he would not have been able to appeal against the red card unless it was a case of mistaken identity - ie the red card was issued to another player on the same team but the ref recorded the wrong name on the match sheet.

Appeals are otherwise only applicable where a player receives more than a one game suspension. No appeal against the automatic one match suspension is possible, but any additional penalty can be the subject of an appeal.
Messi#10

Post by Messi#10 »

I see how it works now with the Uni SA players. So basically they've either been put in there by mistake or they have legitimately earned enough votes in the latter part of the season to be in contention. Fair effort to still be in contention if it's correct then.

I can understand why it wouldn't rule them out if the red was given in a cup game. As you said bit of a weird situation to be put in really.

OK I wasn't aware a red card affected league B&F awards & i don't think a few of the other guys we're either but fair enough, rules are rules. Thanks we felt it was just unlucky too. I did speak to our captain & he says by memory he might've said something to the Mt. Barker player (which obviously led to the dismissal as it was for dissent) but still thought a straight red was over the top seeing as his comment was only directed to the player & only due to the tackle he received.

We weren't aware of the rulings between red cards & suspensions so thanks for clearing that up too Seeing it was the last game of the season we're unaware of the suspension at this stage (assume it'll only be the one match) but I guess we can cross that bridge next season if it turns out to be longer.
Red card Rich

Post by Red card Rich »

I believe that Lucas Schmidt (forum alias El schniz) was unfairly treated in the division 3 best and fairest count.
SafeHands

Post by SafeHands »

I agree with red card rich
TheTruth

Post by TheTruth »

Red card Rich wrote:I believe that Lucas Schmidt (forum alias El schniz) was unfairly treated in the division 3 best and fairest count.
Inness-Wong has cost El Schnitzel the gong. His finishing has flattered him while El Schnit was the true architect of their side.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Results / Top Goal Scorers / B&F

Top Goal Scorers
1A – Kayne Stubing – 25 goals – Mount Barker
1B – Ellery Shopen – 15 goals – Uni White

2A – Lewis Garnett – 19 goals – Immanuel
2B – Andy Tirimacco – 16 goals – Norwood

3 – Jack Scoot – 26 goals – Rostrevor
4 – Glenn Bartlett – 29 goals – Sacred Heart

5 – Daniel Gartner – 21 goals - St Pauls
6 – David Williams – 44 goals – Westminster

8 winners from 8 different clubs.

Best & Fairest

1A – Michael Case – 18 votes – Pembroke
1B – Adam Pedron – 15 votes – Rostrevor

2A – Dievie Irakiza – 18 votes – North City
2B – Zyggy Kulesza – 18 votes – Westminster / Andy Tirimacco – 18 votes – Norwood

3 – Damien Holoubek – 17 votes – Uni White
4 – Franc Totani – 22 votes – Rostrevor ** (Glenn Bartlett from Sacred Heart had 24 votes but was sent off during the year so is inelegiable )

5 – Daniel Gartner – 21 votes – St Pauls
6 – David Williams – 34 votes – Westminster
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

Well done to all. Award winners.

Also messi if it's the game I'm thinking of, your player may have been sent off for kicking the goalkeeper in the guts after the minor handbags. (If it was that incident) no appeal in the world would save a player.
Messi#10

Post by Messi#10 »

Brendan wrote:Well done to all. Award winners.

Also messi if it's the game I'm thinking of, your player may have been sent off for kicking the goalkeeper in the guts after the minor handbags. (If it was that incident) no appeal in the world would save a player.
I'm not sure what game your thinking of Brendan but that definitely wasn't ours in Division 4. Our player was sent off for dissent (after questioning it after the game with the referee) & that was the reasoning we got. Definitely not for kicking at a goal keeper!