CSL to FFSA Comp

INTERISTA

CSL to FFSA Comp

Post by INTERISTA »

Where do ppl sit on the issue of CSL turning into the FFSA Amateur Comp? Gd, bad or in different? Won't know the details until AGM but wanted to see the general feel on the issue.
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Re: CSL to FFSA Comp

Post by dash riprock »

Depends how if goes down i suppose!
If its a stand alone comp with only the name and rules of entry being changed, no major issues other than ensuring the cost of the competition doesn't blow out.

If it goes down the route of having a State League Div 3 (where current Div 1 becomes that 4th echelon), I think the debate may become more interesting!
I think new teams and the introduction of more relegation / promotion of teams other than just Div 1/2 will also be good as the current 6 div structure could get stale quickly without some changes...
The FFSA comps are always more expensive as a rule and the cost of playing the game needs to be kept in mind....
I would have preferred to have had a discussion paper before the AGM if they want us to vote to allow clubs to scrutinise, discuss and come with valid, informed views as opposed to being a cold debate but thats just my preference ;)

Either way, its good to keep moving onwards and upwards and at the very least, the Collegiate affiliation should come under review as its a little antiquated now and not relevant as the active links don't exist in most cases beyond the signing of that piece of paper!
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

Is there any update on this?
brucetonkin
Current Club: Woodside Warriors

Post by brucetonkin »

Not sure how official this is, but our club manager attended a meeting recently where they voted to postpone discussion of the merger for 12 months. It sounds like it'll eventually happen, but for now it's business as usual.
ROCSC1980
Current Club: ROCSC

Post by ROCSC1980 »

brucetonkin wrote:Not sure how official this is, but our club manager attended a meeting recently where they voted to postpone discussion of the merger for 12 months. It sounds like it'll eventually happen, but for now it's business as usual.
Correct, the decision was delayed for 12 months.
IMO the proposal (if you want to call it that) from FFSA lacked proper due diligence.
Out of the discussion had, a lot of Clubs are on the fence about it all - us included.
The CSL Vice Chairman is definitely for it.
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Post by dash riprock »

It is inevitable BUT the FFSA need to due the required due diligence and consider the fee structure in a more flexible manner....
Putting up fees by 50% (roughly) to "provide an extra full time head for the CSL" doesn't wash it with me!
The current crop of full time talent has been poor with multiple errors, mass mail outs and lazy administration.
The CSL committee has provided much better service for free (which in it self isn't necessarily sustainable) but I would be loathe to just 'jump into bed' with the FFSA at this stage....
It is inevitable but the dialogue and strategy needs to worked out in detail....
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

dash riprock wrote:It is inevitable BUT the FFSA need to due the required due diligence and consider the fee structure in a more flexible manner....
Putting up fees by 50% (roughly) to "provide an extra full time head for the CSL" doesn't wash it with me!
The current crop of full time talent has been poor with multiple errors, mass mail outs and lazy administration.
The CSL committee has provided much better service for free (which in it self isn't necessarily sustainable) but I would be loathe to just 'jump into bed' with the FFSA at this stage....
It is inevitable but the dialogue and strategy needs to worked out in detail....
If this is what it actually is - I agree fully.
ROCSC1980
Current Club: ROCSC

Post by ROCSC1980 »

That's just one of the issues.
Others being, entry requirements, games played on a Sunday or Saturday? Actual structure of the divisions (i.e. how many teams in each division, number of promotion spots etc.) Obligations in terms of attending FFSA events. Any other costs such as referee fees.
ROCSC wont vote or enter into a league with out each point being clearly outlined / explained.
ChrisRogers
Current Club: Scotch

Post by ChrisRogers »

Did I hear right that this is going ahead from next year?

Also that 2 non-school affiliated teams would enter the CSL this year?