player eligibility

BB7

player eligibility

Post by BB7 »

Just putting it out there. Is there an age restriction in the collegiate rules? Seems to me there is a duty of care to the league to not allow players who are too young to play at a senior level. We played against a 14 year old on saturday. How was he allowed to be registered?
PAWEL17
Current Club: Polonia

Re: player eligibility

Post by PAWEL17 »

If he's of a decent height and Fairly skilled, why should he be able to play?
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

What about the other side of the coin ? Windsor are a bunch of old hams with broken backs, why are we letting them play ?
BB7

Post by BB7 »

Should be obvious that letting children play in a senior competitive environment brings risks. Surely there is a duty of care from the leagues perspective. All I am asking is; is there in fact a lower age cutoff. If not that is fine. Does it take a broken leg or a hospital trip to put rules in place?
Firstarter
Current Club: Scotch

Post by Firstarter »

There is an age restriction in the rules / constitution I believe.. Not sure what it is but I am sure 14 is below the threshold set by the CSL....
Personally., I'm a believer that if they are good enough, they are old enough but common sense should prevail.... There are some monster 14/15 year olds out there but are the exception