round 2 CSL recap

Red card Rich
Current Club: Pembroke

round 2 CSL recap

Post by Red card Rich »

Hey guys forum has been a bit quite recently so thought I'd get the ball 'soccer ball' rolling :)

In the battle of the grads, in the red corner 5 goals were scored against the blue graduates in a predictable result.

Mercedes bounced back from an SHOCking 5-0 loss with a win against the newly promoted doves.

In the match of the round Pembroke convincingly defeated Rostrevor, putting 3 goals past them. Coincidently this is also their 3rd consecutive win against the Rocs, proving to be somewhat of a bogey side, after their super cup win and shock 4-2 upset in last years championship season.

At the Crab Shack pultney struggled against the might of Uni white who had a day out crabbing in a 8-0 win

Sacred heart continued their unbeaten start to the season with a 2-0 away win at he brand new Adelaide city home ground of unley. Maybe they're still getting used to the bigger pitches?

Looking forward to round 3 :)
SafeHands

Re: round 2 CSL recap

Post by SafeHands »

Thanks red card rich!! I really like a weekly roundup and or preview of the CSL matches, so I hope you can continue to provide such valuable insights throughout the season!! The odd pun doesn't go astray either!! Lol
Ross30

Post by Ross30 »

Impressive start by Sacred Heart with wins against Mercedes and Unley. Their game vs Rostrevor next week promises to be the game of the round.

Good result for Pembroke A's today but a less comfortable win than the score would suggest. Rostrevor were strong across the board with 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss from the 5 games. Always a good contest in every grade.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Ross30 wrote:
Good result for Pembroke A's today but a less comfortable win than the score would suggest. Rostrevor were strong across the board with 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss from the 5 games. Always a good contest in every grade.
Rostrevor were strong across the 5 games but lost the big one.

I grew up where everything was based around the highest team winning. Anything extra below was a bonus.

So for me Pembroke were the winners of the day but some others might think that Rostrevor were with 3W / 1D / 1L.
roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

Post by roswil »

Red Card Rich - Great wrap up of the round 2! :D

Chelsea - Agree, success across all teams is nice, but a win for the first team is preferred over the other grades (in my opinion). :P

Unley conceded two late goals in the second half (5mins to go until FT) after playing much of that half with 10 men. Well played to Sacred Heart who didn't give up as time was running out for them.

Big round of games coming up (SHOC v ROCS & Unley v Grads Red).

Predicting, ROCS, Pembroke & Mercedes to win, the other two games to be a draw (could go either way for those teams).

On a side note, Grads Red have a massive three games coming up which includes FFA Cup duties;
Unley (League R3) - this Sat.
Croydon Kings (NPL side - FFA Cup R5) - Mon, 25 April 2016 (ANZAC Day)
Rostrevor - (League R4) - Sat, 30 April 2016

Good luck to the Grads Red lads!