Big Name players in CSL

chelsea

Big Name players in CSL

Post by chelsea »

This weekend a CSL club could potentially play one of the biggest names players to have ever played in the CSL.

Played overseas / Capped for Socceroos.

So what other big name players have played in the CSL in the past?

I can only recall Jason Spagnuolo - Ex Adelaide United player play a few games for Rostrevor.

Hope the signing all goes through.
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Re: Big Name players in CSL

Post by boots »

No one else. Who is this guy pray tell?
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

I think Milan Ivanovic played for Windsor Gardens quite a few years ago.

I heard that Damian Mori may pull on the boots for Unley, but I don't know if that's still a chance to happen. Hopefully not next week, anyway.

Former Pembroke and Uni White coach, Jim Muir, was capped for the Socceroos and played for Motherwell in Scotland and various other professional clubs in Asia and Australia.

I'm sure there will be others.

I can't believe Chelsea didn't mention one of his heroes who played in the CSL - Gavin Wanganeen, who played for Norwood and scored a few goals.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Ross30 wrote:I think Milan Ivanovic played for Windsor Gardens quite a few years ago.

I heard that Damian Mori may pull on the boots for Unley, but I don't know if that's still a chance to happen. Hopefully not next week, anyway.

Former Pembroke and Uni White coach, Jim Muir, was capped for the Socceroos and played for Motherwell in Scotland and various other professional clubs in Asia and Australia.

I'm sure there will be others.

I can't believe Chelsea didn't mention one of his heroes who played in the CSL - Gavin Wanganeen, who played for Norwood and scored a few goals.
Wanganeen was brilliant at Norwood.

That rang a bell. - Dino Menillo played at Norwood. Ex NSL player.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

So the big name player would appear to be Joel Porter. 4 goals for him for Croydon Kings yesterday, Poor Eastern Elite!
PAWEL17
Current Club: Polonia

Post by PAWEL17 »

Ross30 wrote:So the big name player would appear to be Joel Porter. 4 goals for him for Croydon Kings yesterday, Poor Eastern Elite!
Love watching Ex-pro players come and play in amateur games, their is a gulf in class, fun to watch
ROCSC1980
Current Club: ROCSC

Post by ROCSC1980 »

PAWEL17 wrote:
Ross30 wrote:So the big name player would appear to be Joel Porter. 4 goals for him for Croydon Kings yesterday, Poor Eastern Elite!
Love watching Ex-pro players come and play in amateur games, their is a gulf in class, fun to watch
I agree. Not so much to play against. I played against Wanganeen and he gave me an absolute bath.
I wonder how Mori would go in Div 1? Be great to see.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

That is it!

His done the full loop now.

Started at Croydon Kings in juniors.

Did so much in between. Just google him or go to this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Porter

Back to where it all started. 37 years old.

If I wasnt contracted to my current club I would go and join him at Croydon Kings.
adelaidegreen

Post by adelaidegreen »

Wanganeen was'nt too flash,seemed to recall him just ploughing into me and the other centre back all day in th 2008 cup semi even with Corey Artoni pulling the strings!
ROCSC1980
Current Club: ROCSC

Post by ROCSC1980 »

chelsea wrote:
That is it!

His done the full loop now.

Started at Croydon Kings in juniors.

Did so much in between. Just google him or go to this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Porter

Back to where it all started. 37 years old.

If I wasnt contracted to my current club I would go and join him at Croydon Kings.

Joel Porter, 7 goals in 2 games for Croydon. At this rate Croydon will be promoted to Div 1!