The Doves

SILENT P
Current Club: Rostrevor

Re: The Doves

Post by SILENT P »

We (Rostrevor) played them on Saturday and thought they were good. They attempt to play the ball around and were probably unlucky not to get a point.
jarrydfurnell
Current Club: Immanual Doves

Post by jarrydfurnell »

Relegation looks farfetched now, they look to be a mid table finish which is good and should flow into a better year next season,

to the comment about players playing down a grade you need to look at that team before saying that... the blokes in that side who when i was playing there were first and reserve team players and we all put our guts into those teams. these guys have stayed together and are now coming to a time where playing with mates and having fun is all its about. let them go. you talk about "punishing" them they just know their game! same as Windsor did a few years back when they pumped sides week in week out! (not having a crack at windsor just using them in this point)
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

The league can't make decisions on division structure based on individual players. Part of promotion and relegation is making divisions fair/competitive each season. That was why I suggested promoting their 4th team to div 4. "Letting them go" would allow them to keep topping Div 5. That's not a fair scenario.
That's it!
Balotelli
Current Club: Windsor Gardens

Post by Balotelli »

It would be fair if Immanuel had 5 teams. But the fact they have 4 teams, no team in division 3 and a 4th team in division 5 that keeps dominating is the issue. There is room to move their 3rd and 4th teams up a division each. If they choose to field a 4th team that is stronger than their 3rd or 2nd team and their 3rd team does poorly in division 3, that's a matter for the club and their players to address. It should not be a factor for the CSL to consider when deciding who goes in which division. Other clubs play where they are told to play against their wishes and are suffering a woeful season.

Immanuel's current division 5 team versus Windsor would be an interesting game, I think. I bet Immanuel would be more competitive against them than many of the teams currently in division 3. Play it as a "Champion of Shooting Fish in a Barrel" final as a curtain raiser to the cup final.
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Post by hanners »

Every season seems to produce strange goings on... Some teams like to win Div 5 just so some players win every week, take an easy option and say to their mates that they won the league. Losers all round. Div 5 should be for either 17 year olds who have left junior football and need a lift into adult football with a little mix of 40 year olds who want to play as a helping hand to the young blokes and have some fun too..

I like the look of having an Div 3 league having A's and B's only too. I feel most team can get 25 players down if they tried for 2 teams. Even if one was either an over 35's masters team or a young team to keep them learning...

3 good divisions of hard, fair and hopefully players doing well for the club, the league and honest football would be a great result. Encouraging teams from SAASL to join the FFSA Ameteur (Collegite) League with a chance of the club joining the State League Pyramid in the future.