The Doves

Balotelli
Current Club: Windsor Gardens

The Doves

Post by Balotelli »

So Immanuel Doves are smashing teams in division 4 and (again) in division 5. They have 4 teams but none in division 3. Why?
brucetonkin
Current Club: Woodside Warriors

Re: The Doves

Post by brucetonkin »

Thinking it's just early days, Balotelli. Might pay to save your judgement until half way into the season at least. The teams they've played have lost to others so it may just be a case of them playing lower teams so far.

Note that we (Woodside) were in 3 & 4 last year and went home with no wins for the season, hence why we're in 4 & 5 this year. With that said I agree that they probably shouldn't be in Division 3 & 4 if they have two other teams.

It'd be very hard to balance all these divisions.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Agree that it's early days but I think Balotelli's point is why aren't Immanuel's 3rd team in division 3 and 4th team
in division 4, like other clubs with 4 or more teams. Especially when there is a bye in division 3.
Firstarter
Current Club: Scotch

Post by Firstarter »

Some people like the battle, some like shooting fish in barrels.....
Very hard to persuade either to change!
The Div 5 gulf between them and the majority of others is laughable but thats life... Its up to the teams themselves to place their teams into the correct Div to be competitive but too many, if not all prefer to win a Div 5 championship than battle it out in Div 3
Conversely, Woodside were warned about how hard Div 3 was (I was sat next to them at a CSL meeting and they were talking to another club about it pre season) and chose to place their team in that Div with the expected results... Not saying its right, not saying its wrong but at least they pushed themselves.
On that topic, I would question why Woodside aren't in Div2 for this season as a 2 team club but thats one for the CSL to sort ;)
brucetonkin
Current Club: Woodside Warriors

Post by brucetonkin »

I'm not sure Div 3 & 4 is comparable to Div 2A & 2B. Given we took home a couple of wooden spoons last year the suggestion we were given was to play in the bottom two divisions. At the time there was a chance this would be Div 3A & 3B which unfortunately didn't eventuate this year.

A 2A & 2B placement would have likely lead to another couple of wooden spoons. Great for the spoon drawer in our kitchen, not so good for the future of our club. Would have killed us.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

The board would have an almost impossible job to get the divisions fair.

Immanuel's 4th team smashed Div 5, but their 3rd team finished 7th in div 4. So it seems they have players playing down a grade. Does the league "punish" them by promoting both teams to Div 3 and 4? Or is the solution to put both the teams in Div 4?
That's it!
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

The answer is simple. They don't want to play WG :D
redwin

Post by redwin »

It should all sort it self out by next season. Immanuel will struggle to stay up - very young coach with limited knowledge.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

That seems a bit harsh. Immanuel's 1A team seem to be going ok at the moment. Two wins from 4 games isn't relegation form. If they beat Unley next week it looks like they'll be fine.

And if their 1A team was relegated I don't see how that would impact on their division 4 or 5 teams anyway.
redwin

Post by redwin »

Their wins were against Grads Blue who are yet to gain a point and Sacred Heart who are yet to win a game.
They also lost to Comets who sit just below them.

And it fixes problem because as a Div 2 side you wouldn't be talking about them anymore.