Promotion/Relegation

yak

Promotion/Relegation

Post by yak »

Was just looking at the 1A-2A tables & was reminded this year we're going to have a promotion/relegation system.
Looking at the 1A and 1B tables & i think Scotch will be very happy to be going down a div next season - their A's having only 4 points, whilst the B's have had an even worse season & are yet to even notch up a point. In saying that, Scotch are still only 1 game behind Immanuel, who've similarly had a tough season.
Looking at who's likely to come up is interesting - currently Pultney are top but are only 4 points ahead of Regency Eagles (who have a game in hand) - i've heard Regency have been bloody good this year, anyone know more? It's also good to see Pultney have recovered after having a couple of years in the wilderness.
oggy
Current Club: scocsc

Re: Promotion/Relegation

Post by oggy »

i dont think any team would be 'very happy' about going down.still nonetheless we probaly do derserve to get relagated but we wont go without a fight.
yak

Post by yak »

Didnt mean it that way Oggy. And great to hear that too, showed plenty of fight.. Watched your A's today, there's still some pretty good players out there - keeper was excellent today!
oggy

Post by oggy »

ive conceeded almost 60 goals this season.it dusnt paint a pretty picture!!consistancy in the back 4 is our weakness!,but i do firmly believe that there is nothing between ourselves, immanuel and norwood,just need to to start winning!
baggieboy

Post by baggieboy »

To me Immanuel is the worst side but Norwood is miles above both.
DMW

Post by DMW »

It looks as tho Regency still have a number of games to play??

Must have been postponed since they were in the cup??
Lets hope they play them....

Would be unfair for all Div 2 & Div 1 Sides, if they get thru on post season forfeits....
DP_
Current Club: Westminster

Post by DP_ »

Regency had one game postponed against Pulteney (not sure why), and two games postponed against Westminster when Regency were in the quarter and semi finals. No word yet on when they'll be played so it's getting pretty concerning. It's a bit hard to organise end of season functions when you don't know when the season ends!
DMW

Post by DMW »

What is going to happen if the other clubs can not play the "make up games"??
Points awarded if the clubs have to Forfeit would not be fair at all...
ImmanuelDove7

Post by ImmanuelDove7 »

baggieboy wrote:To me Immanuel is the worst side but Norwood is miles above both.

I beg to differ baggieboy. We've had to promote half our Reserves due to so many long-term injuries in our First team and they are still putting up a good fight. So I wouldn't say we are the worst side in terms of form.
oggy

Post by oggy »

the table speaks 4 its self,well done immanuel,with a semi fair team u have managed to stay in top comp!

scotch v norwood last game,cud be the decider to see who goes?! (c"mon the blacks,lol)