CSL Cup Final

pizza&beer

Re: CSL Cup Final

Post by pizza&beer »

Great to see Windsor win, there's definately some old legs there, maybe a CSL over 35's division to be considered...?
rooney

Post by rooney »

yak wrote:Well done to Windsor - showed there's still some spark in the old legs & beat good teams to win the cup! - perhaps they're playing in the wrong div?
Perhaps...

I would like to see Windsor Gardens do it week in, week out against Quality opposition.
pizza&beer

Post by pizza&beer »

If they did get a second team together, would they naturally progress to the second div?
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

You'd be spewin' if you were Mercs A's. Runner up in the league and runner up in the cup.
No.8

Post by No.8 »

Windsor are definetely in the wrong div. they should be in div 1. This year they won 23 games, drew 1, lost 0 which included beating Merc A, Uni White A, Rostrevor A, Unley B (who only lost 1 game themselves in Div 1B) and they beat their closest rival in their league Pembroke C's on all 3 occaisions.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

pizza&beer wrote:If they did get a second team together, would they naturally progress to the second div?
For sure. The CSL has been trying to get them to have 2 teams for years. Easy enough too as div 2 only has 8 teams at the moment.
That's it!
pizza&beer

Post by pizza&beer »

wojindows wrote:
pizza&beer wrote:If they did get a second team together, would they naturally progress to the second div?
For sure. The CSL has been trying to get them to have 2 teams for years. Easy enough too as div 2 only has 8 teams at the moment.
I asked the div 2 question with Norwood in mind, they went from Div 3 champs straight to the 1st div, where perhaps they should have naturally progressed to the 2nd div.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Now that there is promotion and relegation, I assume new teams will always go into div 2 (or the lowest). In previous years it was just whoever fitted best. Last year Norwood were happy to go up as CBC wanted to go down.
That's it!
yak

Post by yak »

im glad we have the promotion/relegation system now.. Means a team should only have to suffer for 1 season if they're languishing.
I think the league will be better for it.
Crab16

Post by Crab16 »

I'd like to see 2 up and 2 down.