One team clubs in Div 2A/B

Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Re: One team clubs in Div 2A/B

Post by Brendan »

Why do we have a 3rd team? Because we have enough players. You seemed to enjoy the game.. perhaps not all the shots off target you ahd though.
pizza&beer

Post by pizza&beer »

Something definately for the League to sort out. Windsor's line up has more or less been the same since 2007 and whilst they must be humbled by all the attention, it's worth noting that Uni Black and Norwood have had success against them, winning Div 3 in 2007 and 2009 respectively.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Brendan wrote:Why do we have a 3rd team? Because we have enough players. You seemed to enjoy the game.. perhaps not all the shots off target you ahd though.
There is the problem with the league set up. We only have enough player for one team and therefore we are in the same division.
Good luck for the rest of the season because you look like a good bunch of guys that enjoy playing and the entire game was played in good spirits.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thanks nobody, I'm personally not too worried about WGs. It's a bit early to jump on the bandwagon about shifting them here and there, if you are really concerned, wait a few weeks, see what happens. I dont think they will win every week 12-0. See it as a challenge I guess.

Whilst its not fun losing 12-0. I cant imagine winning 12-0 every week is overly exciting. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

EDIT: looking at the teamsheet now, you had 5 subs.. half way there!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Windsor wont win 12-0 every week. Many teams might be happy to walk away with a 4-0 loss instead.
If nothing changes after this week then its a waste of time even talking about it. To have two teams in the league you need at least 30 players not 22 so Windsor are far from having 2 teams.

I think if nothing happens this week then the thread should be closed for the year.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Just for everyones information we only had 14 fit players for round one,with a fill in goal keeper because he couldn't play on the field due to a knee injury. Come July/August we are down to 12/13 players. We have a maximum of 18 player to choose from if everyone is fit, which is very unlikely. The club has no resources or backup and is run entirely by the players. We play because we are a bunch of mates that love the game, we do not deliberately field one team to stay in Div 3, it is our only option. And to be honest the conversation after the game is we hope this does not happen every week because it sucks.
Lets hope we all have an enjoyabe and competative season.
My final words on this subject.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

It would appear my humour has been overlooked RE: player numbers
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

I think we got it :D

Anyway - very good to have our first serious discussion on the forum, which has somehow gone into 3 different threads :)

Again, I started this topic because I wanted to know why Windsor was still in Div 3, when other single teams were in Div 2. There were some rumours about Windsor not wanting to go up, but nobody has denied this:
nobody wrote:No one refused to go up from div 3.
Pescara (Dino I think) has explained the decision:
pescara wrote:Division 2A and 2B is being built to cater for 2 team clubs and both Regency and ASSE Simba have indicated that they wish to return to having 2 teams for next season - ASSE Simba was just short this season having 20 players.
So there is method to the madness. Just makes it tough for our C's who have gone up to Div 3 this year (and all the other third teams).

Personally I think the idea of pairing Windsor with a C team was probably the best solution I've heard (ie Windsor into div 2A, Pembroke or Unley C's into Div 2B). The downside to this would be that they couldn't ever go into div 1A, as the C team couldn't go with them... Better than the current situation though.
That's it!
aarts87
Current Club: Grads Blue

Post by aarts87 »

So as Regency and ASSE Simba are one club do they play and train at the same ground?
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

AFAIK Regency and ASSE Simba play at different grounds, so I assume they train away from each other too. Assumption only though.