One team clubs in Div 2A/B

dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Re: One team clubs in Div 2A/B

Post by dash riprock »

Regency and Simba are not only seperate teams but have little love / time for each other as we found when trying to re-arrange our away fixtures against them.... They have seperate grounds, seperate management seperate everything so are definitley 2 x sperate teams!!
As for the Windsor Gardens debate, Our C team (which was even weaker than it should have been last week) were not in the same class by a country mile and we knew that before the game. The conversations at training with some of the senior players was that it was'nt fun (losing by 12 never is!) but that they tried and didn't stop regardless of the gulf in class.My take is that WIndsor Gardens need the help not a bashing as they will get more motivation playing at a higher standard. As for eliminating / reducing the C grade teams....I think that is grossly unfair. The league should have a C grade competition (Div 3 or 4 or whatever) and it is for them to use promotion / relegation as the leveller between leagues. There is no reason why WG shouldn't have been allowed into Div 2 as the Regency / Simba thing is as much a partnership as Elton John and Renatee Whatever her name was many years ago (i.e a sham!). Mt Barker wouldn't consider forfeiting the away game evn though its will be 'tough' as its all about playing the game not just winning / losing.
The league needs to sort the inequalities out NOT the clubs as we are all helpless to the rules / politics / cash / whatever.
As Mt Barker, we will do everything wee can to make sure the return game is a little more competitive (and it wil be) but there may still be a number of goals in it as Windsor are a very very good team!
Cheer up and play guys!
dash riprock

Post by dash riprock »

Hows about..
Div 3 becomes the league for all one team clubs (WG's, Simba, Regency et al) as well as the best of the C grade teams....
Then DIv 4 is for the genuine C and D grade teams?
That way, promotion / relegation will sift the teams out and although there will still be a gulf at start up, over time, the new clubs that join will have 'homes' to slot into. Then, if / when they get a second team, they are re-allocated into the second division and so the journey continues?? This would retain the two tier system but would address the current issues which are effecting ALL Div 3 clubs in different ways... Only a thought! :D
Leeds
Current Club: FC CBC

Post by Leeds »

I agree with Dash. Div 3 should become a league for one sided teams. Simba and Regency would be tough competition for Windsor Gardens.

As for the separate pitches, it is a pain in the arse to go from one pitch to another in order to watch or play. Playing at Torrens rd and then having to go to Regency Park to either sit on the bench or watch our other side is a major pain.

I won't even begin to start about the state of the pitch at Simba. Not having the lines marked is unacceptable. In my opinion, they should forfeit the match because of their lack of preparation and organisation. Does anyone know if this is an appropriate course of action?
dash riprock

Post by dash riprock »

Agree!!
Last edited by dash riprock on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Must agree with Dashed and Leeds... Div 3 should be a 'premier' one team league OR get these teams to play in an appropriate division for their ability. Shooting fish in a barrel is only fun for one half of the equation!
Very hard to motivate C grade players to go to Windsor Gardens to get a shellacking and a half.... Having said that, I am totally against teams forfeiting on principle. This will undo the league at the seams if not careful and I have heard from at least 3 other Div 3 teams their intent / thoughts on doing this to force a re-think..... CSL committee need to sort this in a positive manner whichever way rather than letting this fester. Don't care what the answer is but I know our club will struggle to field a C team next year if we don't change something (might already be too late). Then, the club is not sustainable with just 2 teams in its current state which means we will have change something (obviously).
Their are three teams in Div 3 who are magnificent.... add Regency and SImba gives you 5. Add another couple of the fringe teams to make up the numbers + North City and their totally unlinked B team and you have your 10. There’s a lot of BS about pitch availability but Div 3 could have staggered kick offs to accommodate the '2 club' teams if need be??
Whatever, lets hope this becomes a proactive discussion rather than just a bleat from both sides with NO resolution. Again, you try motivating genuine C graders to play a game that is pointless (literally!!). No offence is meant to the likes of WG, Mercedes etc in that Division, just that there needs to be a separation of the C's from the quality teams. This also includes the likes of Simba who are an A team in a B league..... Enough for now and as uncomfortable as it is, lets hear what you all have to say on this and maybe someone will do something!
yak

Post by yak »

Another option could be promotion/relegation. Then the top teams would go up (regardless of if they're 1 or 2 team clubs).
There's 1 team clubs in Div 2A (Regency Eagles). Surely it could be scheduled.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

The top 2 teams from div 3 should be promoted to Div 2. The bottom 2 teams in Div 2 should come down.
So as it stands Windsor would move up along with Mercedes. In 2012 Mercedes would have 2 teams in Div 1 and 2 teams in Div 2. Windsor would be matched up with someone or the 2B would have a bye when playing Windsor.
The clubs that have grown over the years - Top 4 would be Mercedes / Pembroke / Rostrevor / Unley. Many of their 3rd teams can compete against Div 2A teams. North City are struggling so they should play in Div 3 and 4.
Maybe instead of having div 3 and 4 it should be Div 3A and Div 3 B which would continue the relagation / promotion. I can tell you now that Windsor will not be in div 3 next year. At the same time I strongly beleive that Windsor are happy to move up. We played Windsor 3 times this year. 2 league and 1 cup game. I know before the game that we are going to go down but at the same time you can learn alot off these players and try to point out to your players that a structure must be kept at all times. We lost 3 times but its better then beating someone 10-0 3 times. I think the league overall has got it right but a few minor changes will be needed in 2012.
nobody

Post by nobody »

I agree. We (windsor) got left behind when the league decided to expand and change the division formats. We do not enjoy the one sided games and it isn't fair for the true Div 3 teams that do not deserve to be on the receiving end. Our issue is the league always blames us for not having 2 teams. This is a poor excuse especially when they can accomodate simba and regency in div 2. Lets see if the league does anything about it next year.....lets hope so because it isn't fair for anyone.
dash riprock

Post by dash riprock »

Good for you Nobody!
As much as I and others get a little upset over our C teams getting a beating, it can't be the sort of game you guys either enjoy or want as 16-2 wins do nothing positive for either team I'm gusessing!
The Regency / Simba 'tie up' is as loose and as uncomfortable as anything anyone could manufacture! If they can stick two teams who have nothing in common like those guys, there mst be a way of accomodating you guys.
If you had your choice, what Div would WG like to play in???
chekj004
Current Club: Grads Red

Post by chekj004 »

If Regency and Simba were in Division 3, it would certainly even up that competition a lot! Perhaps then either Unley or Pembroke Mercedes etc could have their 3/4 teams in Div 2? they would certainly be competitive against a lot of the Current Div 2 sides. Just food for thought, that way all the competitions are more evenly matched. Can't really blame windsor though, rule are rules, just think its equally unfair to all the sides competing in division 2B who have to play a first team in Simba. Simba are quality and have shown that, just as windsor are.