One team clubs in Div 2A/B

wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

One team clubs in Div 2A/B

Post by wojindows »

Can someone explain how come Regency Eagles (2A) and Adelaide Simba (2B) are in div 2, while Windsor Gardens yet again manage to stay in Division 3 - despite smashing their division, and winning the cup?

Surely they should at least be in Div 2B, with Simba dropping to Div 3...?
That's it!
yak

Re: One team clubs in Div 2A/B

Post by yak »

That is a VERY good question.. After watching them play last season, there's no way they should be Div 3. They have some talented players & are very well organised.
What's the point of them playing Div 3?
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Its ridiculous that a team of their quality is in div 3. That team could challenge for the div 1 title.
There has to be a logical explanation for it. :roll:
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

Maybe they dont have enough players for a 2nd team?
wojindows
Site Admin

Post by wojindows »

Did you read the topic title? I'm specifically comparing Windsor to the two clubs in Div 2A/B with only one team...
That's it!
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

Sorry....but I've heard they are a merged club now? I could be wrong
UniSA
Current Club: UniSA

Post by UniSA »

CSL AGM> this question came up. They did not want to compete in Div 2. You can't force a club to do something they don't want to do. From memory they felt that due to the age of a majority of their players they would prefer to be in Div 3 and not up against a lot of younger players (keep in mind im paraphrasing from memory of quite a few weeks ago, apolagies if i have misinterpreted anything).
wojindows
Site Admin

Post by wojindows »

UniSA wrote:You can't force a club to do something they don't want to do
Um... why not? They have no right to expect to be in Div 3 every year. Besides, (if you remembered correctly) their reasoning is invalid as there are probably just as many (if not more) young guys in Div 3 than there are in Div 1 or 2...
That's it!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Windsor should have definately gone up. Joined them up on fixtures only with a another team. Eg Windsor 2A / Pultney 3rd team as 2B.

League said no and then they do the same with Simba and Regency.

Our club will be playing Windsor this year in div 3. We will be putting out our 31st - 45 best player from the club and we will be up against their best 15. We most likely be better off to forfeit and have a week off.

I hope Windsor smash the Div 3 sides including us and show the league what a mistake it is. On the other hand maybe Windsor need to drop a few points to keep the league off them.

This was a golden opportunity this year to promote them with all the new clubs coming in and I am sure all would of been happy with it. I also beleive that Windsor would of been happy to move up if the league made them.

So its no point having a go at Windsor as this is a league issue so you might as well let them about it.
Marechiaro17
Current Club: WGOS

Post by Marechiaro17 »

chelsea wrote:Windsor should have definately gone up. Joined them up on fixtures only with a another team. Eg Windsor 2A / Pultney 3rd team as 2B.

League said no and then they do the same with Simba and Regency.

Our club will be playing Windsor this year in div 3. We will be putting out our 31st - 45 best player from the club and we will be up against their best 15. We most likely be better off to forfeit and have a week off.

I hope Windsor smash the Div 3 sides including us and show the league what a mistake it is. On the other hand maybe Windsor need to drop a few points to keep the league off them.

This was a golden opportunity this year to promote them with all the new clubs coming in and I am sure all would of been happy with it. I also beleive that Windsor would of been happy to move up if the league made them.

So its no point having a go at Windsor as this is a league issue so you might as well let them about it.
Thank you Chelsea, its good to see someone posting with some common sense. Why is everyone having a go at WIndsor, the league have the final say.