Last Chance to Change Div's

chelsea

Last Chance to Change Div's

Post by chelsea »

To the CSL Exec / Windsor Gardens & maybe North City.

Last chance to change Divisions.

North City could only field 1 team on the weekend. 1st game of the season and there already is a forfeit for the 2B team.

If they are struggling with numbers then move them down to Div 3 and have 1 team only.

Move Windsor Gardens up to Div 2A. When 2B play Windosr they have a bye. All teams are more then happy to have a bye during the year.

Results from round 1 stand except in the games where teams have been moved. So Windsor would have to play Uni SA as a catch up some where. Nth City would then need to play Mt Barker at some stage.

Hope the CSL read this but at the same time the other 2 clubs call the CSL for discussions.

Its not too late but it needs to happen before this week.

Personally I would love to see Windsor do well in div 2A and then maybe have a crack at 1A if the guys are still going.

Come on guys make it happen. Everyone might be a winner from this and it will keep many happy.

98% of people wanted Windsor to go up and the league went against it. The league do many good things but this is the only thing that they have a negative on.

If clubs like Mercedes or Rostrevor win Div 3 this year then they should also be promoted into Div 2 next year.

That way they are competing aginst better teams each week. No teams wants to win 12 or 10 nil. Its no good for no one.

LAST FEW DAYS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
nobody

Re: Last Chance to Change Div's

Post by nobody »

chelsea wrote:To the CSL Exec / Windsor Gardens & maybe North City.

Last chance to change Divisions.

North City could only field 1 team on the weekend. 1st game of the season and there already is a forfeit for the 2B team.

If they are struggling with numbers then move them down to Div 3 and have 1 team only.

Move Windsor Gardens up to Div 2A. When 2B play Windosr they have a bye. All teams are more then happy to have a bye during the year.

Results from round 1 stand except in the games where teams have been moved. So Windsor would have to play Uni SA as a catch up some where. Nth City would then need to play Mt Barker at some stage.

Hope the CSL read this but at the same time the other 2 clubs call the CSL for discussions.

Its not too late but it needs to happen before this week.

Personally I would love to see Windsor do well in div 2A and then maybe have a crack at 1A if the guys are still going.

Come on guys make it happen. Everyone might be a winner from this and it will keep many happy.

98% of people wanted Windsor to go up and the league went against it. The league do many good things but this is the only thing that they have a negative on.

If clubs like Mercedes or Rostrevor win Div 3 this year then they should also be promoted into Div 2 next year.

That way they are competing aginst better teams each week. No teams wants to win 12 or 10 nil. Its no good for no one.

LAST FEW DAYS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
100% correct because if this is going to happen every week we might as well not be playing. Any one who loves the game knows that all you want is a fair and competative competition, and no one enjoys winning by ridiculous margins.
Who is the 2% percent that didn't want Windsor to go up??
aarts87
Current Club: Grads Blue

Post by aarts87 »

I heard that windsor gardens were the ones who didnt want to go up as they are playing for fun...probably just a rumor though
ChrisRogers
Current Club: Scotch

Post by ChrisRogers »

aarts87 wrote:I heard that windsor gardens were the ones who didnt want to go up as they are playing for fun...probably just a rumor though
Isn't that why we all play?

If Nth City b's are going to forfeit anyway, it makes sense that Windsor swap with their A's
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I have expressed my concerns to the league personally many times. Many CSL Exe agree with me but they didnt make it happen. Many people might of wanted Windsor to go straight into Div 1 as they won the cup but I think this was unfair. They won div3. Move onto div 2.

People are frustrated as the league came out saying you need two teams in div 2. Then they pair up Regency Eagles and Simba. This is what makes its frustrating.

The league could of paired up Windsor with either Unley or Pembroke 4th or 5th team. Im sure Pembroke and Unley dont get excited about playing against themselves and would rather playing against opposition.

The 2% that didnt want Windsor to go up are within the CSL EXEC and maybe some teams from div 2a.

Once Windsor have played there 2nd game in Div 3 this year I will not speak about this topic again. Waste of time. Time to delete the thread.

Anyway if Windsor remain in Div 3 then all the teams can do is try their best but at the same time try to learn something off them.
AndyW
Current Club: Westminser

Post by AndyW »

I believe the structure of amateur football in SA is the cause of many of the anomalies people have raised here and in other threads.

The norm in England is to have entirely separate first team and reserve team leagues. That way the best first teams play at the highest level in their league and the best reserves teams play at the highest level in theirs.

Obviously this means first teams and reserve teams don’t get to play at the same venue very often and rarely against teams from the same club, but I believe it is a fairer system.