CSL Select Side

White Unicorn

CSL Select Side

Post by White Unicorn »

Are we having a CSL "State" team this year? Think even if we dont we could pick an a side and they could be presented with something....

Any nominations so far? There would be a few from Windsor, but not sure you could pick lower grade players as they would be picked on rep only.
Italia

Re: CSL Select Side

Post by Italia »

good idea, the game agaisnt the Sunday amateurs last time was good fun.

they don't rate the CSL, so was good to beat them for our whole league!
UniSA
Current Club: UniSA

Post by UniSA »

It is a shame, but there are some real (lets just say) "knobs" associated with the SAASL clubs. Clearly think that they rule the football world (Amatuers anyway). Here some interesting thoughts from them.
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/vi ... 0&start=30
Its quite funny really when you think about it because they have the same arrogant one eyed view to their clubs/competition that they accuse the FFSA of having. It would be friggin fantastic to see a CSL select side smash them, Sunday team or not.
yak

Post by yak »

Oh man, what a bunch of tool-bags.. Glad i don't play SAASL..
avagoyamug
Current Club: Sacret Heart

Post by avagoyamug »

I played Sunday Amateurs (SAASL) for div1/div2 sides for the last 8 years. Comming across to the CL let me tell you it has been a totally refreshing change.

The SAASL is a tough, competative- but ultiamtely very poorly run league. The amount of cheating, phsyical violence (including sevre criminal cases) and downright disgraceful behaviour is totally amazing.

Comming across to the CL it has been a totally plesent experience. Games are hard but fair - not often do I have to worry about someone trying to break my leg so I cant get into work on the Monday morning. No one in the crowd racially abusing me or "waiting for me in the carpark".

Sure, I miss getting paid for wins/draws...but hey, would never look back now to the SAASL. Only wish I did it earlier.
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Post by dash riprock »

Having come over from the SAASL as well, I can agree with most of what you are saying ! We were lucky to miss most of the real tools although we had a couple of games where the supporters and some of the players were unbelivable with physical intimdation and racial abuse of their own players and ours.......
The club referees are awful (in general) as well but in general it wasn't too bad with many good, honest teams and players around the traps. The absolute tools that exist in the SASSL are the ones that seem to post the rubbish we saw following that forum link!! A few rotten apples unfortunatley!
The CSL is much more friendly / enjoyable and I sure don't miis ahving to travel to Poer Elliot one week and then Munno Para or the Barossa the next!!
Crab16

Post by Crab16 »

Why wouldn't the FFSA rename the CSL to FFSA Amateurs and allow the Div 1 winner promotion into the State League? If the winner declines they could either sell the licence to the relegated State League side or the relegated state league side and the 2nd (or highest placed Div 1 side that wants promotion) play off for the spot. Play it as a curtain raiser to the cup final.
UniSA
Current Club: UniSA

Post by UniSA »

Crab16> Ive only been associated with CSL this year and no doubt others can correct me if im wrong here, but as far as i can tell the clubs and CSL committee are intent on keeping the competition as a strictly collegiate affiliated league. Which is fair enough in my view as it is the only one of its kind in the country.
I will say this though, there is an argument for a general amateur competition run by the FFSA (whether that be based inititally from collegiate clubs or not). As the only amateur competition within the FFSA the CSL does have some power here and it would only be the max exodus of SAASL clubs into the FFSA that would allow them to build an amateur competition that wasn't collegiate based.
I would like to think that down the track the CSL will work with the FFSA in starting a 'generic' (for lack of a better word) competition where collegiate teams can register a team (start with 1 and see how it goes), as well as invite other clubs to enter an amatuer team (either from existing FFSA clubs and/or SAASL clubs).
Totalfootball
Current Club: whites

Post by Totalfootball »

ideally , like it or not , CSL is the amatuer league.

keep the CSL name just allow all amatuer teasm to be run inside of it . A real div3 where top 2 team move up to state level - provided the laws are dropped on fencing. CSL could run the CSL Cup only for CSL based orginals while another Cup for the amatuers, BUT the league is derived for all. This was CSL is the true leader of amatuer football supported by FFSA and FIFA. The SAASL would slowly die with most teams wanting real competition and a well run league , not one with poor handling and money held back to keep clubs staying longer.

CSL could take the elad with support and provide for both types of amatuer leagues

just some thoughts
Crab16

Post by Crab16 »

I agree. We should have one governing body running all leagues in the state and it fits that body is FFSA. They just need to open the CSL to any team (even if they have to merge / adopt an educational institution like the teams that have recently joined) and sweeten the deal so that the SAASL clubs want to come over.

But what would i know, i've only been playing in SASL/FFSA/SAASL/CSL for the past 17 years.